The Great Tribulation is picking up speed!!!!!!!!!!!!

by unbaptized 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

FairMind,

The very fact that such texts as 2 Peter 3:3f do come to mind nearly 1,900 years later, when discussing this issue, while they were already written to silence the questions about the delayed parousia in the late 1st or 2nd century AD, shows how irrational, yet real, our religious fears are. If Christianity is still around and people read the NT 2,000 years from now the same strings will still work. Amazing, isn't it?

• magoo
    magoo

.........firenbandits............i think you are confused.....that picture is one of the "newly" appointed governing body.....i saw it posted on the net at the wtb&ts home page...

magoo

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    When I was 10 years old the Russians were building a nuclear arsenal in the middle of a Cold War and annhiliation seemed inevitable. Now, Russia is a broken down 3rd rate country.

The Cuban Missile crisis in the USA was tops everybody was scared shitless the Russians had 4 X's as many nukes as Kennedy knew about and they were 12 megaton Each Russian launcher was independently controlled by vodka happy firing crews the missile 'fail safe' was two step as easy as starting your car.The only time the American missile silos ever had their firing hatch open was that episode. Nuke in the water,a broken down Russian sub with broken air condition with 100 degree crew compartment had a nuke tipped torpedo in the tube while American sailors above dropped hand grenades on top of the Russian sub to simulate depth charges and 'scare' the russkies.The Russian crew had orders to die before surrender. World War two 3,500 British civilians perished from just the V-1 buzz bomb.. Know this if and when God's day of wrath comes the bogus Watchtower gets it first and Danny Haszard will rejoice

• steve2
    steve2

We must be careful lest the following apply to any of us (just being fair)

(2 Peter 3:3-4) . . .For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: "Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning."

Fairmind, I agree that it's important to be fair. But, over almost 2,000 years these verses have been milked for all they're worth to keep people hanging on to unrealised hopes. The sobering fact is, from the mere passage of time point of view, the people Peter wrote to are very, very long buried whilst having spent their whole lives waiting, waiting, waiting. The Watchtower is simply one of the very latest of an extremely long run of groups that thrive on saying, "Keep waiting, remember what Peter said about ridiculers...etc." Meanwhile, people continue to believe, as earlier generations did, that This Is The End and their lives are put on hold.

• skyking
    skyking

Differently the spaghetti monster will save us.

I pray to the allmight monest hourly and he told me, "don't worry be happy"

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Warlock

But the good news is, "millions now living may never die." Isn't it heartwarming to know that?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    I totally agree with you, unbaptized, and I have evidence to prove it. Crabgrass is taking over my lawn; my car is leaking oil--again; junk mail is increasing exponentially; the employees at McDonalds are getting ruder by the hour; some JWD posters are overusing punctuation (!!!!!!!!). When will it end? From the depths, I cry out to you, big J. The Great Tribulation is upon us, so would you please either get it over with or forget about it altogether. Thanks for listening.

So funny, parakeet!

The problem is, ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/135017/1.ashx), the Big J can't decide whether to temper his justice with mercy, and the Society can't decide whether or not it's appropriate to use the expression, "temper his justice with mercy" because they seem to have forgotten that god has already pre-ordained the date and time . . . so why would he procrastinate that which is preordained with mercy?
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Subject: Retirement Planning

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
    If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

if some people think that a free trade makes everything available he forgets to recognize that there is no free trade. it is fact that money leads to war for more money. And countries get conquered for resources they have in oil and gaz. to say that there goes everything so on seems logical. but who thinks that way may forget that history is not taking place by happening, it is planned by those who are the insiders. So some may ridicule about the tribulation as they mean they know all of nothing or nothing of all. Who uses a sensitive mind will recognize that we live on the edge of a new period, initiated by the project of the new american century,PNAC. and that claims to be the global emperial power of the 21th century. When did Rome fall? When it was on the peak of its power. And the revelation speaks about the 8th king who is the successor from all 7 before. The NWO is going to be installed and you will see its military outlet, perhaps sooner as you think. Some may see it coming, some surely not. they have their burger and fries and all they need. But the times are a changing. If there is a god, and about that I am convinced, so he has logical his purpose. And this surely will not be a future like the past. The JWs once had motivations to speak about the end. They stopped it as they started to back on another horse, UN. Today they are busy in organizing but not successfull in preaching. the are like dogs that dont bark. Since they are acceopted churches in many countries they pay Cesar the things back which belong to GOD. The shaking of the nations will come and some of this DB will recognize it. I am grateful to have this DB as here is a lot of information.

• Flash
    Flash

unbaptised

The teaching of the Tribulation startingwhen World Governments crush and destroy World Religion I believe to be correct. IMO, everything before that time happens during "the Pangs of Distress" that Jesus fortold. If the WTS change that teaching I'm unaware of it...but it wouldn't surprise me.

It is aslo my opinion that the WTS has been lead by the Evil Slave ever since Russell died, so I would keep my association with the Organization limited as it is very narrow and controling ...like Israel was during the time of Jesus.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/10930.ashx

FairMind is right.

We must be careful lest the following apply to any of us (just being fair)

(2 Peter 3:3-4) . . .For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires

4 and saying: "Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning."

Anger at those who hurt or mislead us will not excuse us from ignoring God. We should all in a 'personal way' (not through any organized religion) stay close to God.

As for those choices He has made over the generations that we don't agree with and are unhappy about, we should honestly and respectfully express ourselves fully to Him about it in our prayers. He is our Father, we are His children...He will listen to us thoroughly and take it to heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit