The Great Tribulation is picking up speed!!!!!!!!!!!!

by unbaptized 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

The tribulation is really starting to speed up it's pace. I just read that atleast 3 types of animal and plant life go extinct every hour. Global warming threatens the entire planet, crimes against women and children are at a all time high, honeybees dying off for unexplained reasons, the threat of nuclear war, the ravage of infectious disease. For all those who do not believe, they can read about these things and weep! If evolution is how we got here, then mankind is going into total annihilation and extinction. If evolution is false, then the only thing that can save mankind from himself is Jehovah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

• Honesty
    Honesty

I put my trust in Jesus.

The Watchtower just about jaded me on anything Jehovah.

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Unbaptised given the fact that you use a sudo, are you serious? I can't believe you buy into that rubbish, what are you thinking of?

Please retract your comments now...

• Mary
    Mary
    I just read that atleast 3 types of animal and plant life go extinct every hour. Global warming threatens the entire planet, crimes against women and children are at a all time high, honeybees dying off for unexplained reasons, the threat of nuclear war, the ravage of infectious disease. For all those who do not believe, they can read about these things and weep! If evolution is how we got here, then mankind is going into total annihilation and extinction. If evolution is false, then the only thing that can save mankind from himself is Jehovah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SleepSleepSleepSleepSleepSleep

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm certain this is parody.

If so, well done unbaptized.

If not, please seek professional help.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I've got some snake oil here to sell to you. Only $200 a bottle.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi unbaptized,

You are wise to remain "unbaptized" if this is the case. As to "The Great Tribulation", let an old -timer from back in the 1960's-70's tell you the real truth, we heard this exact same "evidence" 40+ years ago and yet the world is still here and unchanged as far as I can tell. Don't let these clowns (the Watch Tower Society) frighten you as they have been saying the same things since the 1870's and ALL their "spirit directed" predictions have FAILED. NOT A ONE has come true. Do yourself a big favor and objectively study the history of Watchtowerism and you will see that even their predictions for 1914 were wrong as they said it would all be over by then. AFTER it failed they eventually claimed to have predicted WWI but their own literature will prove that they most certainly did not.

Benifit from us old-timers and our experience with the Watch Tower Society then do the research and you will see they have FALSLEY predicted this over and over again to several now dead generations of people. Ask yourself, "why would God 'spirit direct' His true organization to instill false hope in people over & over again only to have them and Himself PROVEN to look like a fool to His enemies?" Not to mention the faith destroying effects of such false predictions. Why would Jehovah do something this stupid over and over again? How would potential converts who choose to ignore the real warning because the have learned about all the false past ones be fairly served? Why would God make it that much harder for people to see the REAL END and why "choose" an organization like the Watch Tower to spread such faith destroying falsehoods?

All I can hope is that you will honestly think about it. Good luck in your own search for truth.

• undercover
    undercover

I think that you have the right to believe that if you wish, but I also think that it's a waste of time to sit idly by waiting on a fictional character to fix all your problems when you could be doing something yourself to make the world a better place, be it only so much.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Charles Taze Russell reworked Miller's calculations and began teaching Jesus had returned in 1874, but invisibly, "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, SINCE OCTOBER 1874, AD." And, "BY 1914 THE LORD WILL HAVE FULL CONTROL. Gentile governments will be overthrown."

Russell slowly got a following and called the fledging organization, "The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society." Members of this group are now known as "Jehovah's Witnesses."

AFTER 1914, THE DATE WAS CHANGED TO 1918, "The end of the harvest is due in the spring of 1918." After 1918, the date of Jesus' "invisible" return was changed to 1914 and THE 1874 DATE CONVENIENTLY FORGOTTEN.

After Russell's death, Joseph Rutherford took over control of the growing organization. He predicted the end would come in 1925. Rutherford proclaimed, "MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE" and published a book by this name in 1920.War planes

When World War II broke out, the Watchtower predicted the war would lead to the battle of Armageddon. An article in "The Watchtower" magazine of 9/15/1941 said a new book published by the Watchtower would prove useful, "in the remaining MONTHS BEFORE ARMAGEDDON...."

In the 1960's, the year 1975 began to be proclaimed as the time of the end. A book published by the Watchtower in 1974 stated, "Reports are heard of brothers SELLING THEIR HOMES AND PROPERTY and planning to finish the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service (door-to-door witnessing). Certainly this is A FINE WAY TO SPEND THE SHORT TIME REMAINING before the wicked world's end."

The Witnesses are now strongly hinting the end will come by the year 2000, "He (the apostle Paul) was also laying a foundation for WORK THAT WOULD BE COMPLETED IN OUR 20TH CENTURY" (all the above information and quotes are from quotations and summaries of Watchtower literature found in Reed, pp.96-111).
    http://www.dtl.org/dtl/treatise/end-near-1.htm

Len Miller

• Moomin
    Moomin

Its awful these things are happening, but there are some things we can all help with ie. climate change. I guess we just have to do what we can individually being as God is not around right now.

If God doesn't exist and we all become extinct then I don't know what difference it makes cos we all die after such a short time anyway.

If God does exist and steps in at some point then that would be nice.

Either way i'm not that bothered, as long as I've done my best to look after what God/Evolution has given me/us.

Can't be bothered to fret anymore, so exhausting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit