My email to the congo....

by truthsetsonefree 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

TSOF, excellent letter. It won't be forgotten, will help some who are starting to think..

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Thanks for all the sympathy. I believe that any attempt at helping these people that is as easy as sending an email is worth it. On Cyber's question on the Knocking video and my reference to it: Actually I was directing them to the study guide. It covers a little more than the video and in a more balanced way. I can't stop the JWs from watching the video. But they won't look any farther. I am trying to stimulate their research interests without directing them to "apostate" material which would be an immediate turnoff for them.

Jeff-Now I have a name to tie to the handle. Thanks.

Isaac

• rebel8
    rebel8

"those are not productive thoughts"

Productive? I should think it's none of his business to instruct you on efficient use of your free time, and since when is being unproductive for a few minutes a crime?

PS-Which part of the Knocking study guide do you think would be helpful in getting jws to independently think? It all seems very slanted and pro-jw to me.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Isaac,

I just wanted to say: Welcome! I am glad for you.

Cheers

Borgia

• TopHat
    TopHat

I read you friends responce,,,,I am so sorry...because what he said is so very cruel and unthinking on his part. Even when I was a dub...I wouldn't even think of saying such ugly words to a friend who left the Borg.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Rebel8, there isn't much there really. But I have to the astonishment of one JW, drawn attention to the short paragraph on JW origins. It actually refers to William Miller there. A small bit perhaps, but as we know JWs get defensive the instant any critical thinking or non-GB information is presented.

Isaac

• lawrence
    lawrence

Isaac-

You are now a freed man, indeed. No more slavery to men!

peace and blessings

• undercover
    undercover

Well written letter. Your letter was written in a positive way and in a friendly way, though most people will think, if not reply to your email, just as the one guy who said to not contact him.

But there may be one or two individuals who just need a little nudge to try to do some personal research. Maybe they have an issue or two with some things and your experience and your well meaning letter gives them the courage to look into those doubts.

If nothing else you got to say goodbye to everyone on your terms before you were symbolically executed.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Funny, that last email came from the "strong" ministerial servant. Here is one response from a "weak and depressed" sister. Which one sounds more Christian to you?

Is it true you have already been DFed? I was told by a sister yesterday at the Special Assembly. Found it so hard to believe. I always thought you were one of the best elders and enjoyed your talks so much. I'm really sad that you will no longer be part of our family. I wish you well.

I guess that says something about the "strong" ones. Isaac

• was a new boy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit