My email to the congo....

by truthsetsonefree 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

It seems to be men who are "brave" enough to put their real name on the internet. As a woman who posts on 15 different discussion boards, I don't want to attract any nutcases to my doorstep. So whether it is JWD or the DB on the TV show Lost, I prefer to remain anonymous and not because I lack courage.

Blondie

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    So basically you left and want to change peoples minds. I think that your e-mail while well written its just a waste of time. We've already seen responses here from the one response you got of "please don't contact me again." Its the same way with them you left good for you, now enjoy your freedom and stop trying to convert people who don't want to convert, which is what supposedly we have all left them in the first place.

I see it more as telling friends about an important life-change that tsof has experienced and a heartfelt invitation to explore areas of thought that are denied them by the tyranny of the WTS. Good job, tsof!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Good for you Isaac!

I look forward to the day when I can finnaly reveal my real name...

And picture.

• loosie
    loosie

Isn't it funny how

Friends, it is extremely important that you check and not simply take things for granted. Look into this religion's history.

isn't a productive thought

those are not productive thoughts and I want nothing to do with them

ANd shouldn't he let his wife answer for herself instead of he answering for her?

• Marcel
    Marcel

nothing is productive to a JW if its against the JWs in any form. JWs are only productive when they're supporting the group.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Keep us posted with your responses. Looking forward since I will be sending "the bomb" to over 200 JW contacts.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I think contacting them like that could never be a waste of time, the guy would be kicking himself in the future if he hadn't grabbed this chance while he had it, plus you never know what seeds you plant or how they may bloom in the future.

It also sows seeds of confusion within the midst of the enemy. Sun Tzu would be so proud.

Roller

• dawg
    dawg

I wrote a similar letter 3 months ago... made some folks mad, yet some called me and said I was a hero and they'd been waiting for something like what I said to be done. To the person concerned about trying to convert others... If I can get anyone out of this billsh&% cult I'll do it; how many famies need to be ruined before folks like you catch on to how damn dangerous this cult is?

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey Truth!

I understand your feelings and rants, having been in the crazy organization for most of my life too. However, I don’t understand why you would refer anyone to anything related to that extremely biased, absolutely horrible video (the PBS Knocking Video) as you mention in your letter. Sorry, I’m very confused, please explain, because there’s something I’m evidently missing here.

Thanks in advance!

Cyber

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I think that most people will totally shut down their reasoning processes and label you an apostate for ever more with this act, however, you've done it now and it was the right thing for you to do, your motives are only good. It's just such a shame that this cult doesn't allow people to use their minds and even their gut feeling is smothered. On the positive side though you really never know what seeds it will plant and I have just contacted someone who wrote me a similar letter some 12 years ago so never lose hope, you may be a lifeline to someone one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit