Do we have an idiot running the United States?

by jaguarbass 50 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Metatron,

Bush is no idiot, but he's not very focused. His behavior, especially his lack of proper decorum with other heads of state, lead me to believe he is medicated to such a degree that it interferes with speaking and thinking abilities.

As you know, I have seriously questioned his sanity on this Board in several occasions and have met with stiff resistance from many quarters.

I believe that he has serious mental problems that have been present since his childhood days when he delighted in mutilating frogs. Imho his personality shows signs of sociopathic thinking and his feral cunning, typical of the sociopathic mind, has been remarked upon even by his most loyal supporters. As as been posited, and to his own admission, he is an untreated alchoholic. His closest aides admit to the fact that he has an uncontrollable temper. His friends, such as they are worry about him. He is stubborn, contradictory, has a marginalized view of political issues, especially in overseas affairs and is given to delusions of grandeur. That he is heavily medicated is not a point of debate to those who work around him and numerous journalists have been witness to furious and frightnening tantrums on more than one occasion.

Had he been living in the 1920's Europe he would have been a dicator of Stalin/Hitler/ Mussolini proportions, all of whom shared every one of the failings noted above, exempting Hilter who drank in moderation but consumed huge quantities of cocaine.

Let us remember however, that Nixon had discussions with paintings and that Mackenzie regularly took direction from his dog when making difficult political descisions. Perhaps a sociopathic leaning and a streak of insanity is an essential part of the personality of one who would lead.

HS

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

That is a rhetorical question, right? Alpaca

• jaguarbass
  • SWALKER
    SWALKER

It's still unbelievable to me that he is the President of the U.S. It would be laughable except for the loss of human lives.

Swalker

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It was the "chads" that got him in!

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I voted, for the first time, in the last presidential election. The choice was dumb and dumber. I voted for dumb. The other party's candidate won. The rest is history.......

• MariAruet
    MariAruet

I thought majority of Americans voted for him last time, so would that make him a product of a popular way of looking at the world?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think voting is what got him in office. I think the less people vote sends a message too, that less and less are happy with government, and the choices of just A or B which are pretty much party line. What if we had a choice like C, Government to serve the people, use tax money for good,, not waste money on more weapons,,to make arms dealers rich, but instead make army much smaller, Let people out of prison who are wrongly held there for things that shouldn't be clasified as criminal. provide free medical for all, show respect for the rights every human has reguardless of ethnic backrounds. Then maybe I would vote.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    I think voting is what got him in office.

I agree 100%

I think the less people vote sends a message too, that less and less are happy with government, and the choices of just A or B which are pretty much party line.

Not voting sends a message that people are apathetic and don't really understand their responsibility as voters and for some reason believe that the government decides elections instead of them. The large swing vote that can go to either A or B party and decide elections, has for years been sending that message.

What if we had a choice like C, Government to serve the people, use tax money for good,, not waste money on more weapons,to make arms dealers rich, but instead make army much smaller, Let people out of prison who are wrongly held there for things that shouldn't be clasified as criminal. provide free medical for all, show respect for the rights every human has reguardless of ethnic backrounds. Then maybe I would vote.

There are candidates of both parties right now that address the exact issues that you are bringing up. I don't think there are any candidates actively promoting the idea that minor drug offenses shouldn't require the same amount of time as rape or murder, but its probably because we have become woefully detached from the political process as a nation. Considering that a big percentage of violent crime in America is directly related to the illegal drug trade, it is a topic worthy of discussion.

Your candidate C, sounds like he thinks that the role of government that is outlined in the Constitution was put in place to serve the people, not vice versa. I think that nearly all of the voters from both current political parties would agree with that. We just need to give a reminder to the rest of the non-voting world that the framers of the Constitution had it right....a government of LIMITED power.

Every immigrant that is granted citizenship is required to study and understand our Constitution....which is why a high percentage of the more recent immigrants vote. Every high school student is required to take a and pass a class regarding the same thing. The US is still a nation of the people and for the people as long as you exercize your right as a US citizen to vote. Every non-vote is what perpetuates the status quo.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    I thought majority of Americans voted for him last time, so would that make him a product of a popular way of looking at the world?

Of the 200-225 million eligible to vote, less than 115 million did. Of those that did, slightly more than half voted for Bush. Looking at those numbers, one could conclude that the popular way of looking at most things within America is to whine and do nothing....or just plain do nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit