I've been asked to give a public talk (should I)

by darth frosty 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

What a great thread!

My best friend and I (wee lowly sisters, lol, making more $ than any brother that tried to date us) also made it out together!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I don't understand, I'm familiar with his talk but was there something in his recap of the experience that made you feel it wasn't a good idea to do the same yourself?

Little toe in subsequent threads talked about how later he wished he said more and feared that his talk may have entrenched some to be more resolute in their defense of the 'truth.'

There is a natural nervousness and trepidation when it comes to public speaking no matter how skilled an orator you are.

At that point in my journey I was a different person. I was out of the kingdumb hall since 05. had gotten over the initial fear but still had a wife who tho out still mentally did not understand TTATT.

Like NewYork44M said there is some pain involved. I now know the tricks to skillfully planting seeds and using questions to work on a persons subconcious (sp) But back than I was a lil rough around the newborn apostate edges. I feared one way or another I might have done more harm than good even if the talk went over well.

Side note I am the guy who saw ex-dubs in the strip club who were like I used to love your talks...Talk about awkward.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ah, interesting, thanks for the response. It's true, if not done right, it could cause a fearful reaction that would just push the listeners further into their beliefs. And if your wife was not totally out yet, it could have affected her as well.

• Black Man
    Black Man
    bttt!
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Here's an idea for you to consider:

Let us help you develop the talk!

Give us the theme and the outline and let us give you ideas on how you can use the material to covertly share TTATT or cause cognitive dissonance that can help to wake up some dubs.

You have been given a wonderful opportunity to help wake up dubs in a subtle way. Use it!

LOL. I just realized I have been reading a thread that's years old!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit