If you could ask an elder your questions

by Heather 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heather
    Heather

What would they be? What question do you want to ask or have you asked that would stump or have stumped an elder?

I'm in the position where my mom wants me to come back and wants me to have my questions answered (even though she has dodged most of mine) SO that i will once again see its the truth and want to return. So I'm going to set a meeting with an elder to see if he would be willing to attempt to answer some of my questions to prove to me beyond a doubt that i'm in the wrong. Any experiances welcome.

Thank you everyone

P.S.One of the questions I asked my mom was how come the NWT has Jehovahs name in there more then it should be....her answer "does it mater?....what maters is that they put it in there to begin with"....(me) ...trying to prove my point that if they are willing to add that what would stop them from adding/changing whatever they want to.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

If JW's, should have left the Catholic Religion because of it's association with the UN or leave because of the sexual abuse posed on its younger members with the church trying to cover it up,

How and why are JW's any different than they are, different than the ones they condemned and said by their fruits you will recognize these men? Why should people leave that org but join this one for the same reasons?

abr

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Why was it ok for Jesus to disobey the sabbath law to save the life of an animal but it was not ok for us to disobey the blood law to save a human life?

Why don't we worship Jesus? Phil 2:10 .. and stephen prayed to Jesus Acts 7:59 . Heb 1:6.. After their explination say "But if I was reading the Bible without the Society I would assume it was ok to worship Jesus after reading these scriptures. So how can Jehovah make it so confusing and then judge us for it? Why didn't Jesus chastize people for bowing down to him but yet the angel fussed at John for worshipping him? Rev 19:10 Col 2:18

Where in Revelation does it say that they great crowd is going to be on earth? It does say that they will be in heaven (Rev 19:1) They will say "the 144,000 is going to rule over the earth and Rev 19:1 is talking about another great crowd." So you say "But if I were to read those passages without your explination, I would take it that the great crowd would be in heaven. So are you telling me that I should believe the Society over the Bible?" (This stumped an elder and he told me "Either you believe this is God's organization or you do not and if you do not, you are an apostate and are going to die at armageddon)

• Faraon
    Faraon

I have asked them if Adam was created before the animals or after them.

They can't say that there are two creation myths contradicting each other. They just won't answer.

Faraon

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

If they can be a member of the UN without being DF'd, why can't we be members of the YMCA without being df'd?
    Will the people from Sodom and Gomorrah be ressurected or not? Has God made up His mind about that?
    Where did they come up with 607 BCE from when every history book contradicts this?
    Why do we accept dates based on pyramidology (1914) when we are supposed to flee from occult practices? Whatever happened to 1975?
    How about the difference in treatment of Mexican brothers and Malawi brothers in regards to neutrality?
    Do you get df'd for a blood transfusion? How come the brothers guaranteed the government in Russia that they won't? Is the Russia JW God different?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

How did the first Century congregation fall into apostasy if it had Jehovah's blessing?

Follow up with: How would you identify if the Witnesses had lost Jehovah's blessing?

Pretty much any answer they give to the first question hangs themselves for the second one.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

If you had the title and authority of the GB (like in the old days) and could change anything you wanted in regards to the WTS, what would you change and why?

• ninja
    ninja

If the people who followed CT Russell and Rutherford were in the truth...and yet we now know it was wrong what they believed...was it ever the truth?....if it wasn't the truth ..what was it?

• Open mind
    Open mind

OK, Paralipomenon, I'll be the dub elder and see if I can avoid the noose.

How did the first Century congregation fall into apostasy if it had Jehovah's blessing?

"The 1st Century congregation fell into apostasy because it was foretold to happen. Individuals that stayed faithful were just fine in Jehober's eyes. Jehovah need to allow another 2,000 years to go by to fulfill the wheat and weeds parable and to show that man can't successfully rule himself. "

Follow up with: How would you identify if the Witnesses had lost Jehovah's blessing?

It's not foretold that there would be another apostasy in the "last days" so there's no reason to think the dubs are going to lose Jehovah's blessing. But, if you insist on asking (BTW, you haven't been doing research on the internet have you brother?) I guess I'll just reach back here to my rectal area and see what I can pull out. OK, how's this? We're the ONLY ones who have the following COMBO: 1. Don't go to war 2. Stay out of politics 3. Preach like there's no tomorrow 4. Respect the Bible's command on blood 5. Have inter-racial vegetarian BBQs where the men wear khakis and the ladies do gardening in ankle length dresses.

Ok, scratch # 5. (except for the interracial part)

Now, go ahead and pounce on any of these with the usual logical JWD comebacks: #1 (WT bought military stock) #2 (UN Library Card Beast Riding) #3 (Others preach) or #4 (good luck trying to reason on this JW 3rd rail hot button, litmus test)

and you'll be greeted with either "you're just trying to find fault and not look at the big picture" or "hold it right there while I round up a couple other gestapo so we can ask you the loyalty oath question and kick your a$$ to the curb".

How would you put my elder neck in the noose?

Go ahead punk. Make my role-playing "apologist" day.

Open Mind

• besty
    besty

Personally I think trying to stump elders is a dangerous game to play - think cornered rat.

If you must, you could ask why Rev.19:1 is not indexed at the back of the NWT as referring to the great crowd, although they have managed to index 19:6 a few lines down...??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit