If you could ask an elder your questions

by Heather 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monkeyironfoot
    Monkeyironfoot

Ask the Elders if they walk in harmony the flesh or the spirit?

If they say flesh...read to them Romans 8:8 "So those who are in harmony with the flesh cannot please God." and verse 13, "for if you live in accord with the flesh you are sure to die..."

If they say spirit...read to them Romans 8:14-17 "For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ..."

Joint heirs of Christ would mean the heavenly hope, correct?

If they walk in harmony with the flesh...why participate in all the shepherding calls, field ministry, talks and other works? They can't please God and they will surely die!

If they walk in harmony with the spirit... then they are God's children and joint heirs with Christ and have the heavenly hope... something most elders would deny!

There is no middle ground, either one is in harmony with the flesh or spirit.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I asked more than half a dozen elders my questions. I was an elder and asked myself my questions.

No answers to my questions.

Now, I am never going back!

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS claims that its leadership is styled on the first century church. That is certainly not true because there was no such thing as a GB in the JW style at that time. We don't hear of any group monopolising power and inspiration and marginalising everyone else while exercising direct and tight control over the entire church. And if the apostles in Jerusalem were a GB what happened after the fall of Jerusalem? Not that many of them were there since most were preaching the gospel all over the known world.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

you know, i just wouldnt bother... they would come up with the same answer as they always do when stumped; "I don't know, but Jehovah does, and he knows better than all of us." or "in time, Jehovah will work it out"

whats the point?

the infamous one

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

To be honnest, I have plenty of questions. But I decided to work my way up to become an elder, and then, I will ask them all pretending that I have to answer theses questions to others.

Here is a good advice : when asking the questions, always start with a humble and sincere comment such as :
    - I need help on a subject...
    - perhaps you have a better understanding on the following matter...
    - I needed the enlightment of an experience brother on the following ...

That being said, regarding the new light we had for 1935 : If the gathering of the anoited hasn't stoped around 1935, then, do we still hold that the gathering of the great crowd started around 1935?

• zack
    zack

Elders are NEVER to be trusted. Their loyalty is to the WatchTower Fuhrer. Those with integrity and human decency, resign. I did.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Virtual apologist bashing here I come!

"The 1st Century congregation fell into apostasy because it was foretold to happen. Individuals that stayed faithful were just fine in Jehober's eyes. Jehovah need to allow another 2,000 years to go by to fulfill the wheat and weeds parable and to show that man can't successfully rule himself. "

It's not foretold that there would be another apostasy in the "last days" so there's no reason to think the dubs are going to lose Jehovah's blessing. But, if you insist on asking (BTW, you haven't been doing research on the internet have you brother?) I guess I'll just reach back here to my rectal area and see what I can pull out. OK, how's this? We're the ONLY ones who have the following COMBO: 1. Don't go to war 2. Stay out of politics 3. Preach like there's no tomorrow 4. Respect the Bible's command on blood 5. Have inter-racial vegetarian BBQs where the men wear khakis and the ladies do gardening in ankle length dresses.

============

How can you be sure that the prophesy didn't have a greater fulfillment of apostasy in our day? The Governing Body has admitted that they don't have divine inspiration and that is why their understanding of the the prophesies needs to "grow brighter".

The first century congregation started out with the brightest of lights and slowly lost it. Modern day started out with almost no light at all even now are trying to say they are refining their understanding.

Your own point was that man can't successfully rule himself. What makes you think that imperfect humans, that is the Governing Body are more capable to lead God's organization today without God's inspiration than a congregation that had seen Jesus and Jehovah's imbued the whole congregation with his holy spirit?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

they wont answer anything..they will cry apostate,and run like rabbits..makes me wonder about the intelligence of those who are witlesses..superstitious as hell...

• Open mind
    Open mind

Open Mind (playing the part of Gestapo elder)

"I can't be "sure" that the prophecy didn't have greater fulfillment in our day, but there's never been anything in print from the F&D Slave indicating that, so I think the wise course if not to speculate and "run ahead of Jehober's organization". RIGHT?!? BROTHER?!?" (Open Mind's elder head bobs back & forth, trying to lock his icy, controlling stare onto Paralipomenon's eyes.)

As for the rest of your points, if you voice them using the language you did I would revert to "cornered rat" mode and say what I said earlier, namely:

"hold it right there while I round up a couple other gestapo so we can ask you the loyalty oath question and kick your a$$ to the curb".

Open Mind

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Heh, keep in mind the original poster is DA'd and her mother wants to set up a meeting with the elders to answer any doubts they might have.

Otherwise, if I was a loyal dub the conversation would be more like this:

Elder: How are you today?

Me: HAIL JEHOVAH!

Elder: HAIL!

Another elder walking by: HAIL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit