Comments you will not hear at the 5-13-07 WT Review (Loyal to GB Jesus)

by blondie 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    1) "You must not let people call you 'leaders'--you have only one leader, Christ!" (Matthew 23:10, The New Testament in Modern English) With these words, Jesus made it plain to his followers that no man on earth would be their leader.

Yet, the magazines and OKM's are full of this quote: "those taking the lead among you."
    WORD GAMES.

Q1, 2) (b) What shows that Christ actively leads the Christian congregation?

2) .....Nothing that occurs within the congregation escapes his notice. He closely observes the spiritual condition of each group of Christians, or congregation. This is clearly apparent in the revelation given to the apostle John at the end of the first century C.E. To seven congregations, Jesus stated five times that he knew their deeds, their strong points, and their weaknesses, and he gave counsel and encouragement accordingly. (Revelation 2:2, 9, 13, 19; 3:1, 8, 15) There is every reason to believe that Christ was equally familiar with the spiritual condition of other congregations in Asia Minor, Palestine, Syria, Babylonia, Greece, Italy, and elsewhere. (Acts 1:8) What of today?

Do I even have to bother to read the article further? Is the corporation magazine implying that counsel from Jesus
    is coming to the individual congregations of JW's today?

That would mean it is coming in the same manner, I assume. John, an apostle, wrote to the 7 congregations.
    The writings of the WTS must come from someone in the place of an apostle, but they say they are not
    "inspired." How can this be.

Maybe I am being too literal. I forget when to stop being literal while discussing Revelation. Is it after the
    establishment of a literal 144,000 but before their need to actually be virgin men? Or is it all spiritual and
    not literal?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    So is this another flip flop on the "other sheep"? The last I heard the other sheep are not identified until after the start
    of the great tribulation. Where are the sheep? Here? There? I must have missed something.

Gary, you are right. They use "other sheep" in several questions, discussing current "last days"
    when there are no "other sheep" specifically judged. Publisher's cards identify the rank-and-file
    as "other sheep." They weasel out of this by claiming these ones have the earthly hope so they
    are desirous of being "other sheep" when the judging does come out.

In an earlier paragraph, they say a "great crowd" accompanies the remnant. That is clearly taught
    by them as "survivors of the great tribulation" and these ones cannot be a great crowd until they
    survive that.

I think the WT is just trying to start making everyone think about the Great Tribulation being
    imminent (again) to keep drone retainment up.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think their teachings are so convoluted and so confusing that the Watch Tower writers don't even know what the group believes. That's apparent in this article.

This is the most pathetic article I've seen for a long time. Sadly I have a feeling this is the theme of the summer's assemblies and the tone of the writings for a while.

There are only 4 topics to rotate now.
    1. The Governing Body is God's channel.
    2. The end is near.
    3. Don't listen to apostates.
    4. Working for the Society = serving Jehovah.

The assembly programs identify the topics. What have I missed?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I think their teachings are so convoluted and so confusing that the Watch Tower writers don't even know what the group believes. That's apparent in this article.

Gary, these were my thoughts. I think the more confused one comes from the meetings the more inspired and close to God a Witness feels. The less they know anything for certain, The more they can imagine and rationalize what they want to keep believing.

What alot of comments ...!

purps

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I, out of coutesy, sat through this "study" with my wife. It was all I could do to not hurl chunks into the hair of the lady sitting in front of me. The whole article smacked of propaghandist OBEY and CONTROL with no scriptural support other than their suppositions and because "we said so". And they took it, hook, line, and sinker. It seems my wife is on a mission to try and get me back into going to meetings. I fear I'm going to have to stop her dead in her tracks again soon. I just can't have a conversation with those people.....they say hello to me and try to engage in chit-chat, and they seem surprised when I'm short and curt and won't engage in their "end of the world" "don't we just love the WTBTS" bullshit.

• sir82
    sir82

Questions I'd love to see answered:

In view of their diminishing numbers, the anointed cannot be present in all congregations to ensure the management of Christ's belongings.

Wait a minute, the number increased last year, and is virtually unchanged from 20 years ago.

Or are we back to differentiating between "genuine" anointed" vs. um, what, "non-genuine anointed"?

If there are posers among the anointed, how are we supposed to know the difference? Maybe the coots in Brooklyn are the imposters, and Brother "The CIA is bugging my telephone" is the one who is really in charge of "the master's belongings".

And, in light of the May 1 WT QFR, why should we listen to any of the anointed anyway? Per that article, they have no special spiritual insight, and may well be "spirtitually weak", not even qualifying to serve as an elder.

So, tell me again: Which anointed ones do I listen to? And why?

• heathen
    heathen
    Diminishing numbers : actually increase of 254 members last year

I think the number they count at the memorial meetings does not reflect the number of faithful J-dubs they consider to be worthy of the calling and they also know that "apostates" are showing to the meeting to eat and drink only to throw the number off or cause some commotion . I personally don't have a problem with there being a literal 144k of martyrs made up of all ethnicity since gentiles are now equals in the covenant. It would make no sense to say a number and then go on in Revs 7 and mention a crowd without number if it didn't have signifigance.

This article was about control ,reinforcing the idea that they were wrong for the right reasons so any doubts should just be ignored because you are now doubting God by doubting us , yadda yadda what's the next study about , bringing all your gold and silver to the WTBTS ? I suppose that part about bringing in all the desirable things could include that , huh?

• ringo5
    ringo5

This is the most pathetic article I've seen for a long time. Sadly I have a feeling this is the theme of the summer's assemblies and the tone of the writings for a while.

There are only 4 topics to rotate now.
    1. The Governing Body is God's channel.
    2. The end is near.
    3. Don't listen to apostates.
    4. Working for the Society = serving Jehovah.

The assembly programs identify the topics. What have I missed?

5. Don't forget you must financially support God's Channel. He needs your help!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Or...

5. Materialism is evil. 5a Might as well sign over your estate to the society.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Is it me or is this one of the strongest obey and control articles the Society has written in a long time? Some of the comments in this study article are really rich and practically blasphemous. I can recall a similar article about a year ago, but it wasn't as strong as this one. Or perhaps I am just more sensitized to it these days.

When the internal 'study article' Watchtowers start from January 2008 expect them to really pile on the mustard with more of this stuff.

The only message I got from the article is that the Watchtower leadership is resorting to stronger language in their ever more desperate attempts to suppress dissent and haemorrhaging publisher numbers.

It really is quite pitiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit