Comments you will not hear at the 5-13-07 WT Review (Loyal to GB Jesus)

by blondie 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    Restrangled:

Notice how the GB states without their guidance the rank and file would know nothing about the bible.

16) The other sheep recognize that they have greatly benefited from the diligent efforts of the faithful slave in supplying them with timely spiritual food. They humbly acknowledge that were it not for the faithful and discreet slave, they would know little or nothing of precious Bible truths, such as Jehovah's sovereignty, the sanctification of his name, the Kingdom, the new heavens and new earth, the soul, the condition of the dead, and the true identity of Jehovah, his Son, and the holy spirit. Out of sheer gratitude and loyalty, the other sheep lovingly support Christ's anointed "brothers" on the earth during this time of the end.-Matthew 25:40.

What nerve! This entire article burns me up.

The whole article made me fume too, but paragraph 16 really takes the cake. That's why I won't be attending today.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Today was a re inforcer of Central Authority and a lead up to next week when the r & f are to be forcibly reminded of the authority of the Congregation Elders.

Today we were reminded of the towering authority of the F & D S and the GB. The argument goes, Jesus left the congregation in the hand of his apostles, they died off. Today who else do you see doing his work? It must be us, so do what we say!.

But who identifies them? They do! Who says they are fulfilling Matt 24 45,? They do ! - they are self proclaimed prophets who must be judged on their record of prophecy, and there are plenty of threads here that do that and show the woeful record that they have

They make a lot of their loving ways and many J W's would agree. But speak to any that have dared to disagree with them and see if they speak of a loving Organization...We cannot help but parallel them with other cult leaders who say, "Follow me or be consigned to hell (Gehenna)"

BTW. I actually agreed with one paragraph (14) where the other sheep were likened to "Unpaid laborers " using the script. Is.45.14.. I often felt like that on a Saturday morning in the ministry . I also thought that all the congregation were supposed to be brothers, not a distinction in status.. and the WT about the new members of the anointed told them they had no special status, so what is this about the O/S "Walking behind" the anointed "In fetters?" - contradictory in MHO..

timmycat

The only thing I try to do is show love, respect others, and ignore those I find to be unchrist like, the worst thing I find rather than the doctrines, is lack of love, gossip, and back biting, smiters, and self righteousness, for me that is far worst than anything else.

Such things rightly have no place in the Christian congregation, but really I am sure that it is the doctrine and teachings that count. If what they say is true, we should all be following, no matter what. Please check out the numerous threads about different teachings . It is what is written that counts , for me at least

• ?me?
    ?me?

"The other sheep recognize that they have greatly benefited from the diligent efforts of the faithful slave in supplying them with timely spiritual food. They humbly acknowledge that were it not for the faithful and discreet slave, they would know little or nothing of precious Bible truths, such as Jehovah's sovereignty, the sanctification of his name, the Kingdom, the new heavens and new earth, the soul, the condition of the dead, and the true identity of Jehovah, his Son, and the holy spirit. Out of sheer gratitude and loyalty, the other sheep lovingly support Christ's anointed "brothers" on the earth during this time of the end.-Matthew 25"

------- so i guess this proves that THERE COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE ANY SERVANTS OF JEHOVAH BEFORE 1918?. when this "faithful and discreet slave" was choosen and refined? servants of jehovah seemed to to just fine before christ was born WITHOUT the gb, during his presence, and shortly after his death (until the end of bible times). between then and 1918 i guess there is no way that anyone could possible pray to jehovah and follow jesus and read THE BIBLE and be approved by god?

------------------------------------------------

on last thing i brought up in a post....... the Faithful and discreet slave IS FROM A PARABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! an illustration, how in the heck does the WTS take one little part of a made up story by jesus and say " THIS PROVES WE ARE IN CHARGE AND JEHOVAH PUT US THERE?" there is absolutely no scriptural evidence to prove that this is nothing but an illustrations .

i am going to have fun at the meeting, trying to weave in a "upbuilding comment" while squeezing in some real knowledge . i get nervous and excited when i try to think of a way to point out "interesting" other points that the WTS left out.

thank you blondie and others for the deep study

• abbagail
    abbagail

Paragraph 9 from the WT article:

...gathered into the "one fold" under the "one shepherd," where the small remnant of the Shepherd’s SPIRITUAL brothers are.—John 10:16; Rev. 7:9-17.

---------

I love how THEY ADDED the word "SPIRITUAL" before the word "brothers." They are allegorizing and "spiritualizing" what is clearly a LITERAL meaning. The "remnant" in scripture, OT and NT, ALWAYS refers to LITERAL ISRAEL.

And what is written in the TWO scriptures THEY reference, John 10:16, and Rev. 7:9-17, NOWHERE mentions the word "SPIRITUAL":
    :
    John 10:16 has to do with the "other sheep," and Rev. 7:7-19 has to do with the "great crowd."

The "OTHER SHEEP" mentioned in John 10:16 are the GENTILES that would be brought in later (mainly thru Paul's ministry): "I have OTHER SHEEP which are NOT of THIS [House of Israel] FOLD, THESE ALSO I must bring..." etc.

The "LITTLE FLOCK," which the WT always uses in contrast to the "other sheep," are NOT the WT's "elite class" but are the literal HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

Matthew 15:24: "But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL."

Matthew 10:5,6: "These twelve Jesus sent out and COMMANDED them, saying: "DO NOT GO INTO THE WAY OF THE GENTILES, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. But go rather to the lost sheep of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL."

Therefore, "small remnant," "little flock," etc. always refers to literal Israel, and NOT any "higher class" of WT-members.

The "other sheep" are ALL GENTILE BELIEVERS over the last 2000 years.

BTW, if JWs would closely READ Rev. 7:9-17, they would see that the "great crowd" are seen BEFORE THE THRONE OF GOD which is IN HEAVEN, and not on the so-called "paradise earth":

Rev. 7
    :9 ...standing before the throne and before the Lamb...
    :11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures...
    :15 ...they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple...
    :17 ...the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them...

--------

Let's just say for a minute the Throne of God IS on earth right after Armageddon, how is it this great crowd can be found "standing before the throne and BEFORE THE LAMB" when the WT teaches that Jesus is NOT coming back IN BODILY FORM but will reign FROM HEAVEN "invisibly"?

---------

Either argument exposes their warped teaching re: the great crowd. Either the GC is IN HEAVEN BEFORE THE THRONE and the LAMB and they are ALL INVISIBLE up there...

--OR--

If the JW insists on ignoring Rev. 7:9-17 clear references to the GC IN HEAVEN and still wants to say they are to be found on the earth after Armageddon, then how is it the Lamb will shepherd them when He is still up there in heaven "in the midst of the throne"?

-------------

Throw away your WT, dear JW, and start over with a clear head, and let the Holy Spirit be your Teacher.

/ag

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    "On arriving" to inspect the "slave" in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual "food at the proper time." He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or "slave," and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.

There was a footnote after 1918 referring back to the WT of 3-1-04 and 12-1-92. I looked them up. No proof was offered other than a reference back to 6-15-87 WT. Here is mentions that logically if Jesus was anointed as King at the Jordan (fall of 29 CE) and cleansed the temple 3-1/2 years later in the spring of 33 CE, then it would be logical that Jesus would have accompanied Jehovah to the temple 3-1/2 years after he was enthroned as King in the fall of 1914. That 3-1/2 years would have ended in April 1918.

Interestingly, today's study condemns the churches who were involved in the massacre of World War I, but the 1987 WT admits that the WT "encouraged its readers to set aside May 30, 1918, as a day of prayer for victory for the democratic powers as requested by the U.S. congress and by President Wilson. This amounted to a violation of Christian neutrality."

Would you call this a double standard?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Today was the first family study with my sister as a spectator...not very fun. I took particular offense to paragraph about Ethiopians and Sabeans following behind dilligently, and voiced my discontent. This got my dad flustered as he tried to talk about how nobody gets paid for anything while doing the work. I then mentioned how even those who DO get paid (COs, DOs, special pioneers, etc.) would be in this same "unpaid laborer" class! I told him how they could've picked a different reference scripture to support following the GB if that's the point they wanted to make. How do literal Israelites and foreigners have anything to do with Christians if we were all going to be one flock? Was this scripture implying worship of people?

Ten seconds of complete silence was my reward for flustering everyone.

I was satisfied with my little fly in the ointment, so to speak, and didn't offer any more resistance. Even after the nauseating paragraph 16.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    How do literal Israelites and foreigners have anything to do with Christians if we were all going to be one flock? Was this scripture implying worship of people?

I wish I could have been there for that family study. Tough questions like the one you asked always throws a monkey wrench into the gears. It's funny to me how there is an unspoken understanding among Witnesses that no one is to raise a tough question or make any observation about the Society that is unflattering. It's like an atmosphere of political correctness; only I refer to it as "theocratic correctness".

But, getting back to the point you raised, it is truly fascinating how the Society continuously appeals to the Old Testament / Old Law Covenant arrangements as justification for their authority structure. They have essentially turned the clock back to pre-Christian times. This is why I say that the JW religion is really a pseudo-Christian religion. It is really a hybrid religion of first-century Judaism and nineteenth century Adventism. They have essentially cherry-picked Old Law Covenant arrangements and various NT verses to create a new doctrinal mosaic which does not exist in Scripture.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for your weekly cult propaganda review Blondie!

• Robert222
    Robert222

I'm enjoying reading the posts here, they are all so good. Thanks to Blondie for leading the way.

I think JWs should know a few posts - This is a hybrid religion - and in 1918 it was simply the battle over a new religion - This is what I am trying to slowly convey to my JW family members. This is a religious corporation formed by Rutherford (wasn't he the one doing away with xmas, birthdays?), and he based it upon the mosiac law and puritan/pilgram times when persons walked around with a bible in their hands, shunning adulterers and demons.

Providing food at the proper time is more evident among the "worldly" churches, who have formed missions, schools, medical facilities, taught English, taught the Bible, on a global scale. The JWs have shunned the world and hide in their homes except to sell books from their publishing company.

• bobld
    bobld

Thaks for the review,Blondie

This week WT is so full of lies,its like the Devil himself is talking to JW's.Neutral during WW1,look at your history FDS/GB.What about the steadfasters you kicked out during the chism and the Judge JFR took control.You mentioned the FDS/GB providing food at the proper time,who will supply the garbage after they are gone.Oh,you are subltely lacing your mags with the elders CO's,DO's from the other sheep taking over control.Who provided this food from 33ce until 1879...the FDS/GB from caves.Where were their material HQ- bldgs.ENOUGH.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit