Comments you will not hear at the 5-13-07 WT Review (Loyal to GB Jesus)

by blondie 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

For the first time ever, I could not bring myself to comment today - it was ass-kissers paradise

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    They have essentially turned the clock back to pre-Christian times. This is why I say that the JW religion is really a pseudo-Christian religion. It is really a hybrid religion of first-century Judaism and nineteenth century Adventism. They have essentially cherry-picked Old Law Covenant arrangements and various NT verses to create a new doctrinal mosaic which does not exist in Scripture.

You got that right. Creating parallels where they do not exist gets them into bizarre applications of scripture. And the whole explanation rests on "because we said so."

For the first time ever, I could not bring myself to comment today - it was ass-kissers paradise

Yeah it was! One sister said "Yes, so if we reject the Slave, it's like we're rejecting Jesus and Jehovah!"

Normally I can get through these meetings without feeling too nauseated, but today was the exception.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Yeah it was! One sister said "Yes, so if we reject the Slave, it's like we're rejecting Jesus and Jehovah!"

Heil das Feurer Slaven!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Yeah, really, they could've set up an image of the Slave, and I think they would've bowed to it.

Funny thing: the writing department went out of their way to paint the "other sheep" as foreigners and unpaid laborers. Yet they quoted Ephesians 2:19-22 which basically debunked what they just said!

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

--Ephesians 2:19-22 (NIV)

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thanks for your comments Blondie - its provoked some great discussion.

It really is so clear now to see the self promoting propaganda they use to keep their flocks in line and brain dead, now we've distanced ourselves from those lies. I'm sure there will be some attending that will feel its coming on too strong, being to presumptious, too sure of their possition, lacking humility and pride. Certainly it would be good to take the fds verses and try to be that good slave as apposed to the evil one it mentions just after. But to try and prove that you have been chosen by Christ is self promoting delusional thinking, its arrogant to say the least. If you despense 'proper' food, then why does this same food become rotten and poisionous? Was it like feeding on Mc Donalds, only to find out later it wasnt all that good for you? Proper food would still be just that, not now having harmful properties. In reality its just been a really good way to keep people under the control of that group of old men (slowly being replaced by younger ones).

CS 101

• jeanV
    jeanV

thank you blondie and thank you all for the nice comments!

I singled out this one by Arthur as outstanding (it is soooooo trrrrrrruuuuuuueeeeeeee):

It's funny to me how there is an unspoken understanding among Witnesses that no one is to raise a tough question or make any observation about the Society that is unflattering. It's like an atmosphere of political correctness; only I refer to it as "theocratic correctness".

Diminishing numbers : actually increase of 254 members last year.

this was the real highlight of the study the rest was mind controlling stuff.

"Yes, so if we reject the Slave, it's like we're rejecting Jesus and Jehovah!"

I heard the same. I heard also someone stating that it is amazing how the FDS & GB know better than everybody else and so many times the publish articles about matters that are discussed in the news only several months later...

• jeanV
    jeanV

Timmi

The organization is not perfect and yes they do make mistakes, things are by far more restrictive then they have ever been. Those that don't like can freely leave, berate and do what ever they wish, and those that wish to stay can, and abide by the organizational rules, which they believe are based on Gods word for protection in this System.

The problem are double standards, for the organisation (that is imperfect but imposes its rules that you cannot question) and for the members. If a close family member of yours had died for not accepting an organ transplant or a blood fraction when they were forbidden, how would you feel now that they are permitted?

The only thing I try to do is show love, respect others, and ignore those I find to be unchrist like, the worst thing I find rather than the doctrines, is lack of love, gossip, and back biting, smiters, and self righteousness, for me that is far worst than anything else.

What about if you find out that a trusted friend has been lying to you several times and hiding important information from you that would have made you take different decisions in life?

I also find that some stay in the congregations (especially young ones) not because they believe but because they want to do as their parents say because they don't want to be kicked out and have to fend for themselves, they have it to easy at home. I find that to be hypocricy.

It is hypocrisy but it is also survival. The organisation is full of hypocrisy.

• zack
    zack

As much as they quote OT examples, why can't the R&F see that even the men thar were directly assigned by God to lead the nation did not themselves

ask that nation to follow them. Joshua himself was the leader of the isrealites and what he said was: "As for me and my house, we will follow Jehovah."

And right up to the times of the first King, the book of Judges says that each one did was was right in his own eyes. They did not need a human authority.

I didn't attend this meeting but had read this article and it was all I could do to keep from barfing and screaming att the same time.

I am so glad I know the TRUTH. Thanks JWD, thanks Randy Watters, thanks RF.

• undercover
    undercover

It looks like this article is setting the stage for the "Follow the Christ" conventions.

Jesus is the head, the congregation is the body. But in between the head and body is a growth called the Faithful and Discreet Slave (represented by the Governing Body...so a growth on a growth, so to speak).

According to this article the FDS is to be respected and obeyed because to do so equals respecting and obeying Jesus himself. The convention is giving the pretense of learning about Jesus and following him, but in fact will center on the Faithful and Discreet Slave class and the Governing Body as representative of Christ on earth and how all Christians should obey them.

To the casual observer and to some JWs even, it looks like the WTS is trying to infuse more of Jesus into the religion. The Mormons are doing the same thing. I think, partly due to the fact that America is becoming, has become, more fundamentalist in their religious thinking in the last few years. To attract people attracted to the fundamentalism of Jesus Christ, they need to talk about him more and pretend that he is an important part of their worship.

• Mary
    Mary
    On arriving" to inspect the "slave" in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual "food at the proper time." He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or "slave," and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.
    There was a footnote after 1918 referring back to the WT of 3-1-04 and 12-1-92. I looked them up. No proof was offered other than a reference back to 6-15-87 WT. Here is mentions that logically if Jesus was anointed as King at the Jordan (fall of 29 CE) and cleansed the temple 3-1/2 years later in the spring of 33 CE, then it would be logical that Jesus would have accompanied Jehovah to the temple 3-1/2 years after he was enthroned as King in the fall of 1914. That 3-1/2 years would have ended in April 1918.

What I find so interesting about this 'logic' is that that when Jesus 'cleansed the temple' it did not have a lasting effect. After clearing out the money lenders, what would have happened? I'm guessing that things went right back to the way they were by the next full moon. It was not a permanent cleanse and the temple was eventually destroyed. Based on that logic and the WT's assumptions that everything runs parallel, we have to conclude that if Jesus 'cleansed' the modern day temple in 1918, that it too was not a permanent cleanse and that the 'pure worship' went back to being part of 'false religion'.

I wonder what their response would be if someone asked them this.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit