Comments you will not hear at the 5-13-07 WT Review (Loyal to GB Jesus)

by blondie 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

Q4) As foretold in Malachi's prophecy, what did Jehovah and Christ Jesus find when they came to the spiritual temple for inspection?

4) The prophecy of Malachi foretold that Jehovah, "the true Lord," accompanied by his "messenger of the covenant," his newly enthroned Son, Christ Jesus, would come in judgment to inspect His "temple," or spiritual house of worship. "The appointed time" for the `judgment of the house of God' to begin evidently arrived in 1918.* (Footnote: * For a detailed discussion of this subject, see The Watchtower, March 1, 2004, pages 13-18, and December 1, 1992, page 13.) (Malachi 3:1; 1 Peter 4:17) Those claiming to represent God and his true worship on earth were duly examined. The churches of Christendom, who for centuries had taught Goddishonoring doctrines and had been heavily involved in the massacre of World War I, were rejected. A faithful remnant of spirit anointed Christians were tested, refined as with fire, and approved, becoming to Jehovah "people presenting a gift offering in righteousness."-Malachi 3:3.

The sheer insanity of this paragraph just boggles the mind. First of all, the scripture they use in Malach 3:1, to support their claim that Jesus came and inspected his temple in 1918, is talking about John the Baptist preparing the way before Jesus, not a group of men battling for control of a new religion:

Malachi 3:1 "Look! I am sending my messenger, and he must clear up a way before me. And suddenly there will come to His temple the [true] Lord, whom YOU people are seeking, and the messenger of the covenant in whom YOU are delighting. Look! He will certainly come," Jehovah of armies has said.

Not only is that the consensus amongst scholars and ministers, but the WTS itself! For anyone who has the Society's CD-ROM, there is always references by way of footnotes in the scriptures you are looking at. When I clicked on the footnotes in this scripture, every single reference was to either Jesus, or John the Baptist; there is absolutely NO reference to this scripture talking about Jesus and Jehovah "inspecting" the WTS in 1918. So obviously, this idea was pulled out of their asses hat.

10) The faithful slave's heavy responsibilities would obviously involve much decision making. In the early Christian congregation, the apostles and elders in Jerusalem acted in a representative way, making decisions for the entire Christian congregation. (Acts 15: 1, 2) The decisions of this first-century governing body were transmitted to the congregations by means of letters and traveling representatives. The early Christians were happy to receive this clear direction, and their willing cooperation with the governing body promoted peace and unity.-Acts 15:22-31; 16:4, 5; Philippians 2:2.

This is bold faced lie. The scripture they use to back THIS claim up in Acts 15:1,2 does not say anything of the kind. In fact, it tells us just the opposite. It concerns "certain men" who tried telling the entire congregation, that "Unless YOU get circumcised according to the custom of Moses, YOU cannot be saved."But when there had occurred no little dissension and disputing by Paul and Bar´na·bas with them, they arranged for Paul and Bar´na·bas and some others of them to go up to the apostles and older men in Jerusalem regarding this dispute."

And what was the end result? Paul and Barnabas most certainly did not make the decision "for the entire congregation". After discussing the matter, they simply left it up to the individual person whether or not they wanted to get circumsized and gave them the following general statement as to Christian ethics:

Acts 15:28-29 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!"

11) In his life story, Albert Schroeder, a longtime member of the Governing Body who recently finished his earthly course, wrote: "The Governing Body meets every Wednesday, opening the meeting with prayer and asking for the direction of Jehovah's spirit. A real effort is made to see that every matter that is handled and every decision that is made is in harmony with God's Word the Bible."*

Sure they do. This of course, is in direct contrast to what Ray Franz wrote in Crisis of Conscience, where he revealed that the Governing Body do not use the bible nor do they pray when discussing doctrinal issues or when they want to enforce more man made laws on 6 million hapless souls.

Therefore, when we loyally submit to the direction of the faithful slave and its Governing Body, we are submitting to Christ

My only question to this is: When to they usurpe Jehovah's position officially?

all in the congregation view it as their sacred duty to follow and uphold the direction coming from the faithful slave and its Governing Body. Indeed, the "other sheep" count it a real privilege to assist the slave class in caring for the Master's interests.

Translation: Just think of the Master/Slave relationship in the Old South, and we'll get along just fine.

Even when I was a believer and really thought these guys were Christ's brothers, it always bothered me how much obedience and adulation they expected everyone to give them. Well, I hope the old geezers watch this board just to know what kind of respect we all have for them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

When they make this presumptuous most lofty sounding claim about having been appointed over all the belongings of the master what exactly do they mean? What does this appointment involve and how did they go about fulfilling the duties pertaining to it?

From what we can see they have offered absolutely nothing of substance to the world or their own members and the GB selfishly exclude thousands of other JWs that are supposed to be part of the FDS from having a say on how the belongings of the master should be governed.

They like the Canaanites also sacrificed a lot of children by refusing them blood on clearly spurious pretexts.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I was at the one-day assembly today and got to hear this article in audio. THIS, after our CO advised us that opposers will quote scriptures out of context, jumping from one scripture to another to make their point. THIS after two presentations where the pioneer patiently explains to the poor victim householder that they DO INDEED believe in Jesus. Jesus (cough) and the Faithful and Discreet Slave. I imagine the presenter would wait to share THAT little tidbit until baptism.

The absurdity of it all caught me, and I grinned through the whole talk.

What might have helped was a short conversation I had with my JW hubby on the way to the assembly about how the society bestowed itself this authority. I asked him who gave Idi Amin all his gold braid and his medals? He did, of course. I asked him if all those medals meant anything? My argument sort of deflated when he asked me who Idi Amin was. But he laughed and told me there's no way he'd be sharing that little tidbit with the brothers.

• timmycat
    timmycat

In the first century congregations after Christ died, who and how governed the congregations? how did they organize the preaching work, give talks, assignments, instructions, Paul traveled from congregation to congregation, by whose authority? he went to encourage and to discipline, by whose authority? Jesus was not around then, as Jesus is the head of the congregation, all those in these have to listen to his authority, and yes he spoke about a faithful and descete slave class, that would give food at the proper time, Where are they then? who are they then? who is doing this world wide work of preaching the kingdom?

The organization is not perfect and yes they do make mistakes, things are by far more restrictive then they have ever been. Those that don't like can freely leave, berate and do what ever they wish, and those that wish to stay can, and abide by the organizational rules, which they believe are based on Gods word for protection in this System.

The only thing I try to do is show love, respect others, and ignore those I find to be unchrist like, the worst thing I find rather than the doctrines, is lack of love, gossip, and back biting, smiters, and self righteousness, for me that is far worst than anything else.

I also find that some stay in the congregations (especially young ones) not because they believe but because they want to do as their parents say because they don't want to be kicked out and have to fend for themselves, they have it to easy at home. I find that to be hypocricy.

• Arthur
    Arthur

The implications of this article are abundantly clear: the mediator for most Jehovah's Witnesses is a body of religious leaders - not Christ. How are they different from Catholics who must give obedience and loyalty to the Vatican and the Pope?

The apostle Paul wrote at 1 Corinthians 7:23: "You were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men". Was Paul just joking around when he wrote this?

This above Watchtower article is so rediculous in it's manipulation and the twisting and misapplication of Scripture; one could almost swear that it is a joke - one of those prank articles that you see posted on this forum. How sad indeed.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    In the first century congregations after Christ died, who and how governed the congregations? how did they organize the preaching work, give talks, assignments, instructions,

This is a really good question. If the council at Jerusalem was really instituted by Christ to be a permanent administrative body with supreme legislative and judicial powers, why is there no evidence of a body being formed after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 C.E.? In John's writings (written after the year 70, according to the WTS) why is there no mention of this Governing Body?

If this was a divine arrangement, it would certainly be essential, even critical to the functioning of the Christian faith after the year 70. Yet, why is there no evidence of this? Even in the book of Revelation with it's messages to the seven congregations; there is no mention of a centralized administrative body.

However, let us not raise these questions which show a prideful spirit, lest we become just like Korah in his rebellion to Moses!

• Zico
    Zico

'Therefore, when we loyally submit to the direction of the faithful slave and its Governing Body, we are submitting to Christ, the slave's Master. Our showing due respect for the instrument Christ is using to manage his earthly belongings is one way in which we "openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."'

This statement shows exactly what 'following the Christ' means to them.

This is they type of thing JWs will hear at their upcoming Convention.

• Watkins
    Watkins

It is so subtle isn't it? You WILL obey - you MUST obey - you WILL be assimilated!

One comment for 'timmycat' who wrote - ...and yes he spoke about a faithful and descete slave class, that would give food at the proper time...

No where do I find a "class" mentioned. It's a wtbts invention. They invented it so they could require obedience to it under penalty of spiritual death.

Darn - how DO ya get that hi-lighter to turn off? lolol

~Watkins~

ps - thank you Blondie - you must be getting SO weary from this same ol' same ol' every week. Your efforts are VERY appreciated!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Captives of a Concept, Anatomy of an Illusion blows this study article out of the water so to speak.

Once againt the rank and file is being "LOBOTOMIZED." Without them realizing it the GB. continues to gradually take over their decision -making process and even their conscience.

Follow us and: "You'll never get sick. You wil never grow old. And you will never die."

Mary, good remarks.

Thanks again Blondie!

Blueblades

• jgnat
    jgnat
    ... who and how governed the congregations?....by whose authority?

Read again the parable of the faithful and discreet slave. Read also of the ten virgins. Who are the virgin class today? There is no talk of classes of Christians in these parables. When Jesus left, he made it quite clear who was left in charge. Acts 1:4-8.

I would suggest that the early church was a loose association of congregations, with no other spiritual "head" than the Holy Spirit, and no other guidance than circulated letters from itinerant preachers. I would suggest that house churches more closely follow first century pattern. Show me where they are not. http://housechurch.org/

who is doing this world wide work of preaching the kingdom?

Must it be a selected "class" or "group"? Many more people read the bible and try and follow it's dictates than the Witnesses alone. There are amazing groups doing amazing things spreading the gospel to the entire world.

http://www.jesusfilm.org/

http://www.gideons.org/

http://www.wycliffe.org/

All three of these groups spread MORE literature, to MORE people and MORE ethnic and linguistic groups than the Witnesses. And don't try and tell me it's a "different gospel". All three provide the bible or bible story entire without editorial content.

Those that don't like can freely leave..

As members of old Communist Russia could freely leave? They could leave but, their families were left hostage behind. There is no freedom if there is coersion.

...abide by the organizational rules, which they believe are based on Gods word for protection in this System...

You mean like the dangers of college education and slogan clothing? Both have been berated from the platform in the past year. I heard it. Show me where such things are prohibited using scriptures alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit