Board Demographics

by snowbird 64 Replies latest jw friends

• kwr
    kwr

I have worked for a JW, real nice fellow and shared an apartment with a ex-JW for two months that was a sicko, I studied with JW's and read their magazines, but their eschatology and no blood transfusion turned me off. I follow a lot of religions in the media as I find their belief systems interesting to learn about. My ex-wife was an ex-Mormon and they have a very odd belief system. Right now I am researching Anglo-Israel Christianity, often called Christian Identity, they believe that the real Israeli's migarated to Europe and were white. Some A-I groups are racist nuts and others I would say are more moderate. The Worldwide Church of God founded by Hebert Armstrong believes that the British Monarch is descended from King David of Israel. Since his death in the 80's they have splintered with some supporting Armstrong's theology and others going to traditional Christianity. I'm a very liberal christian and believe all believers in God, despite their doctirines being different, will be rewarded with an afterlife. Flame Suit On! ;-)

• bluebell
    bluebell

Born into witness family, baptised at some point (i forgot the date, 1995 i think) and left via a very fast fade in 2003. White, female, 31, living in UK

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

male - white - student - seperated - no kids - dfed - reinstated - made a stance memorial 2005 - head of my apartment - alone - broke - drive a 97 ford mondeo - ex elder, pioneer, assembly speaker, quick build worker -

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Female, faded, last meeting was 3 years ago, save for the odd sunday talk given by family members, and family events at the kingdumb hall.. not DA'd or DF'd (yet, fingers crossed) spouse is not baptized, non attender, non believer.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

White male, married, DF'd 6 years ago, Former MS, Elder, AUX Pion for 4 years and regular pioneer for 3 years, ex worker on Behtel, Wallkill and the new place upstate NT, no desire to ever go back

abr

• DJK
    DJK

Left cold turkey in 74. 33 years ago today! Never baptised. Dad wasn't happy. He said recently "I wish you would come back into the truth". I said, "Don't you get it?, I was never in it".

White male, married.(not for long)

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

French male, white (don't belong to the national soccer team), my best half is colored and we have 2 teenage children. Still active if you call activity 1 hour a month preaching (my wife does more). Very flexible on attending meetings and assemblies, wondering not if but when I'll leave for good, but what else instead ? Not found the answer yet.

BTW, I'm astonished at reading that some who left 10 or 20 years ago are still resenting so much against the WTS that they feel the need to join an ex JW site to talk about their experience and bruise. Nothing judgemental, just an established fact. It tells a lot about how this organization is able to shape people's mind, and that is precisely what I don't want for my kids.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I am a Son of Nomads, Seamen, Farmers, Miners, Hunters, Leaders and Warriors.

A Son of Immigrants from Western and Eastern Europe.

A seeker of God who will never put faith in organized religion again.

BA- Out of the borg for 7-8 years this time (DA), 9 years previously(DF), seems like a lifetime out of the cult! Hooray!

• greendawn
    greendawn

White single male, disassociated 20 years ago after having been a JW for nearly eight years, though most of that time inactive, and never went back. There are very few JWs on this board.

• JH
    JH

Inactive, single, disoriented, dazed and confused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit