Board Demographics

by snowbird 64 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

White, married almost 40 years, 4 adult kids, 6 grandkids, baptized in 1971, in for 21 years and DAed myself 14 years ago. Pioneered off and on while in and followed their "rules" as a good JW is expected.

You can read my bio.

Juni

• snarf
    snarf

MARRIED IN, ALTHOUGH HE WAS DF'D AT THE TIME. HE GOT REINSTATED, WE GOT DIVORCED AND I RAN FROM THE ORG. I STUDIED FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS. WHITE, FEMALE, ALMOST REMARRIED, 2 KIDS AND DEFINATELY THE HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Warlock and juni both told me to read their bio's. How can I do that? I'm fairly new here, and I am completely illiterate. Please help me

Snowbird

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

roll your cursor over the name (on the left hand side of the post). One of the things that will pop up is "profile" and you can click on that.

• Sherri
    Sherri

Geez, I've not posted anything in ages! Anyway, I started as a Witness at the age of 10 or so, baptized at 13, married at 19 (husband converted to marry me--now he's still in and I'm out), pioneer, Bethelite, blah, blah, blah. Was a true believer -- none of this double life stuff for me. I was such a straight arrow that even now, after being out for 20+ years, I still have residual guilt. Left the org in 1987, lost husband, friends, the whole nine yards. Started over and have no regrets. None.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Black female, married, have four daughters. I started studying with the witnesses when I was about 22 years old. I studied on off didn't think it was the truth until my husband developed cancer and had to have a hemipelvectomy. I went into some sort of funk and believed everything they said. I don't even remember how old I was when I got baptized, probably, 26 years old. I do remember being pregnant with the twins at baptism, so it was in 1986. I always had doubts about my ability to be a witness. I don't know why I got baptized. I disassociated myself in 1988, fully believing that I was a goat. I just couldn't do what they expected. I was an JW apologist for about 16 to 17 more years. This is when my twins got baptized and my husband and I went to the convention to see the baptism. Why didn't I wake up sooner. I remember that convention looking like the worst building that they could of picked to have a convention in. It just looked dirty. That's the only description that I can come up with. A couple of months went by and I started doubting the religion. It was then that the apple struck me on the forehead. It was then that something snapped! It was then that I realized that I was trying to please man! I was so ashamed of myself! Still ashamed of it! How could I be so dumb! So fully misled!?

My mother had told me not to listen to the witnesses, and I went against her and did this. When I disassociated I had no family in the religion, but 16 years later my twins were baptized as witnesses. I TAUGHT them THIS crap! I RAISED them to believe in JEHOVAH! WHAT A JERK!!!

Oh well. . . you just asked for demographics. . .I went off on a tangent!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LOL Ms Mcducket - you go girl! i love a woman that can rant properly! Agreed total Jerk!

Crumpet, as we say here in the Deep South, you're a wicked, little old heifer. LOL

I wonder if I am a different animal depending on which state of America I am in. In Texas I was "Chicken"....ooh lala

• Es
    Es

Im D\A was married to a jw with one child, divorced, remarried had another child. HAPPY

es

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

LOL Ms Mcducket - you go girl! i love a woman that can rant properly! Agreed total Jerk!

Crumpet, as we say here in the Deep South, you're a wicked, little old heifer. LOL
    I wonder if I am a different animal depending on which state of America I am in. In Texas I was "Chicken"....ooh lala

Crumpet, you're "jerked chicken"!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ms McDucket

Hey, sister girl, I know where you're coming from. My 17 year old daughter is still in. I hate to see her becoming so smug and judgmental. I am patiently waiting, though. After her graduation, I plan on letting her have it with both barrels. I was so blind at the time I allowed her to get baptized. Now I regret it so much. But, there is always hope. She's a bright child, and I can already see cracks in the foundation.

I can't believe so many responded. Keep it coming, folks. Crumpet, you had better behave yourself!!!

Snowbird

To Hortensia: Thanks a lot! You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit