What Freedoms Do You Enjoy Now That You're Not A Witness?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

Doing whatever I like to do on weekends. Catching up on all the forbidden movies, like Harry Potter. Celebrating Birthdays at work and sending a birthday card out to my family, most importantly celebrating by birthday. Denouncing the Cult and enjoying life instead of distrubing neighbors with a false hope.

• minimus
    minimus

OUTLAW, you bastard! You know Americans can't enjoy that! Shhh.

• minimus
    minimus

I enjoy birthdays and am making up for lost time!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I gotta tell ya Minimus..Cuban Cigars are everything they`re cracked up to be..I used to smoke domestic cigars,until a buddy introduced me to Cubans.There`s no going back..They cost more,but the quality is worth it..I`m gonna have one right now!..LOL!!..Maybe a little one(Purito) after dinner with a nice shot of scotch...OUTLAW

• middlechild
    middlechild

no more slips, pantyhose, dresses and heels!!!!

not judging all my "wordly" friends

having all my "wordly" friends as my best friends and having a blast with them

peace with my husband

knowing that my daughter will not grow up with these "demons"

• greendawn
    greendawn

You don't have anyone dictating to you that you can't speak your mind regarding what you think it's right if it conflicts with the ideas of the FDS. To tell you that you are better off becoming a window cleaner rather than getting a degree and a proper job because the end is so near and jehovah is greatly pleased by such sacrifices.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I'm now free to be just "me"!

BB

• merfi
    merfi

I absolutely agree with the comments about birthdays & holidays. I just sent out three Mother's Day cards today and it felt so wonderful to do so. There was a twinge to it as well, having missed out on doing this for many many years. Now that I'm doing birthdays, it's amazing just how freaking MANY there are. LOL Relatives, friends... I'm turning into my mother who bought cards months in advance for nearly a whole year's worth of b'days & holidays. :)

There's also something about hearing my kids sing at the Christmas concerts at school... my middle one wanting to kick ass in track when she's old enough... my youngest wants my man to teach him to hunt....

A whole new free world. I almost want to add a sympathy card to my "send" pile to all the JW I left behind ... I don't think they know just how sad and trapped they really are.

~merfi

• Dagney
    Dagney

More time of course, can't even think about giving that back to the borg.

The most important is making my own choices...not having to look it up in the "Index." (LOL)

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

its nice to not have to worry about 'made up' crimes,like demons and birthdays,and idolatry...its nice not to have everything be just balck or white,and especialy nice not to have to read that damned bible constantly!!!!!!sex,drugs and rock and roll are always good,as is birthday cake..and music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit