What Freedoms Do You Enjoy Now That You're Not A Witness?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Guilt-free, mind-blowing premarital sex.....

~merfi, Afterglowing Class

Hmmm, sounds like someone's having a better day than I am... I no longer have anyone nagging me to shave, take my suit to the cleaners, underline my watchtower, or go out and tell lies to my neighbours. Peace and quiet at last! W

• JH
    JH

Well, we have the FREEDOM of posting here and almost never be criticized*, because we are mostly all on the same side now VS the tower.

*Although some posters do criticize us min, hey....We won't lose sleep over it.

• merfi
    merfi

Ok, there really are *other* things I'm enjoying besides my man. I have a few close second-placers:

I enjoy sleeping in on Sat/Sun mornings, taking the kids for ice cream drives on "meeting nights", meeting an elder on the road and not worrying about who I have in the jeep that I'll get a "uh, Rachel? We saw you ALONE with a man in your vehicle..." phonecall (in fact, I've successfully flipped the bird to both elders on my JC while meeting them on the road... childish, yes, but needed done)... reading whatever the hell I want, including this board... going to any movies without having to worry about who's gonna see me there.... knowing that my life or the kids' WILL be saved with blood if necessary...

My biggest freedom, in all serious, is the freedom to just BE MYSELF. (including, but not limited to, that sex thing...)

~merfi

• minimus
    minimus

JH, not everyone appreciate caviar.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Freedom from caring about their opinion.

LHG

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Ah, one of my favorite topics... I've only been out for a couple months, so I'm still gettin "in the swing"

I wasn't a model witness, so I was already watching R movies, I've had big sideburns for years, play rock n roll, go to bars, get drunk, swearing, influencing the "younger generation" with my bad habits, etc.

NOW:

I do all the above with ZERO guilt,

AND:

1. Great, mind blowing sex and a TERRIFIC girlfriend that I'm crazy about

2. Growing facial hair, and bigger sideburns

3. Sleeping on Saturday and Sundays

4. Celebrating Mother's Day, by giving my mom a card for the first time ever

5. Not worrying about pleasing family, nosy ass elders, or "holier than thou" friends, telling me how to live my life

6. Having cookouts and associations with my REAL friends, that have been near and dear to me for years, but was constantly scolded for hanging out with.

It really blows me away that I've not ran into any JW's since I been out. Its like they know where I'm at and avoid me like the plague, and that suits me just fine.

• minimus
    minimus

Blues is havin' a great time! Good!!!!

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

The freedom to read anything I want.

Personally,...I'm a believer in God,...but I can pick up any book written from any one's view or creed without feeling paranoid or guilty.

The freedom to form my own spiritual opinions.

• jinjam
    jinjam

I enjoy knowing the fact, that my future kids one day will have the choice to decide for themselves, and that i can have a life!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The freedom to have a nice cigar humidor,full of Cuban Cigars..Bwa-ha-ha-ha!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit