What Freedoms Do You Enjoy Now That You're Not A Witness?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower scoffs at "apostates" because they want their "so-called freedom". Not practicing this religion does give you a lot of freedom and normalcy.

What freedoms do you cherish now??

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Being able to sleep late on Saturday mornings, not having to sit through 5 weekly meetings and freedom to be me without the fear of someone "The Elders" finding out and having a meeting with me!!! UUGGHH!!!

The biggest most important - being able to raise my children without the influence of the BORG!!!!

nj

• merfi
    merfi

Guilt-free, mind-blowing premarital sex.....

~merfi, Afterglowing Class

• minimus
    minimus

Merfi, you get a gold star.

• Heather
    Heather

The freedom of not having the weight on my shoulders and being able to actually truely be happy........not made to think i'm happy.

• delilah
    delilah

As I drove past the KH late one night, after 9pm, there were 3 vehicles parked, and I said to my husband, " Uh-oh....somebody's in trouble again." I sure don't miss the gossipy, trouble-making members of the congregation".....

The other things I enjoy are, more family time, my kids get to play sports, all they like...we spend weekends as a family,going to the trailer, skate park, antiquing with my husband,etc., anything but going door-to-door talking to strangers who would rather let their dogs have a go at us.

And every evening at home, with my family,helping with homework, or watching a program with the kids, not sitting in a KH listening to how we need to be doing more for Jehovah, we're not doing enough.....

Way to go Merfi.....woot-woot!!!!

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Not having to think of my wife as my "sister" anymore.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Well I certainly can't top Merfi's comment!!!

But I'll throw in my two cents and say that for me celebrating all the holidays with my family is a nice freedom. I never knew how much fun Halloween could be till I dressed up and went trick or treating with my kids last year!

PRICELESS!!!

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

More family time, enjoying my kids participating in sports, dance or whatever without having to feel guilty. The freedom to THINK BIG and dream!!! The feeling of going to Church because I truly want to not because I need to make Jehovah happy. The freedom to check out this board without feeling like demons are creepin through my computer!!!

• minimus
    minimus

When one accepts a Witness way of life they must end freedom of choice and conscience. If you don't go along with the mercurial "Slave", you're canned. if you SECRETLY question something, you're made to feel guilty! All normal thoughts are to be subdued. Horrible religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit