Witchcraft - Would you use it?

by Sirona 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Would you ever use witchcraft?

Do you think witchcraft is dangerous?

Do you think witchcraft is just a set of delusions based on ancient superstition?

Is witchcraft a tool of the devil?

I don't call myself a witch, however I do practice witchcraft. My religion is loosely described as neo-pagan. For those of you who know little of the subject, here is a description of my practices (not beliefs, but things I actually DO related to them).

* I observe 8 annual "sabbats". This observance often involves rituals in which deities and other beings are "called" or summoned.

* I use divination, not to predict the future, but for insights into a given situation.

* I use items to work magic. The items are tools for focus so that one can manipulate energy and work a spell to fulfill a need. If necessary I will make a doll to represent someone (out of clay usually), and if threatened I might "bind" someone from doing harm to me.

* I take meaning from nature (is that "looking for omens"?) For instance the significance of the moon phase, or animal activity.

* I see and sometimes interact with spirits - these may be souls of the dead or other beings.

* I pray to and acknowledge numerous deities.

Some would say I'm doomed to hell, some would say I'm crazy, some would join in!

What do you think of witches and witchcraft?

Sirona

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In all seriousness If I could travel to Pendle Hill or similar and engage in Witchcraft and it got me laid, I maybe interested. Reminds me of an old "Not the Nine O'Clock News " sketch

• averyniceguy
  • Tuesday
    Tuesday

If it worked or if the spells were something worth while I would consider it.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I took a suggestion from a Psychic one time, and tried to do some ritual type thingy with candles and a good luck piece she sent me. Nothing happened. And I didnt come into the money she said I would. She also said I would feel someone in the room with me.....nope.

I still get a bit wigged out about that stuff, because of my brainwashing....but I think it would be cool to learn how to contact spirits, and see and talk to them! Wanna teach me?

Oh, and by the way, I remember you too! Just didnt post it on the other thread. Welcome back.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Too many karmic ramifications from spells.

So, my answer is No, I would not use "witchcraft."

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I don't think I would, I have considered going to a palm reader.

nj

• TopHat
    TopHat

Nawwww! My MIL tried that all her life being from the Caribbean and it didn't work for her...she was better off being a normal person and living her life the way she made it.

• BFD
    BFD

I don't know if this is considered witchcraft, I call it Catholic Vodoo.

I had my house for sale in Florida for four months and had not even one offer. Then someone suggested to me that I should bury a statue of St. Joseph in my yard (upside down facing the house) and that would help to sell the house. So, I went to the Catholic store and found out that they actually sell these little kits for selling houses. Inside the kit is a small statue of St. Joseph and a prayer to recite. I went home, dug a hole, said the prayer and buried it.

The very next day I had an offer on the house and a contract (full price) within a week.

Coincidence, Witchcraft or Catholic Vodoo, you decide.

BFD- of the will try anything to sell a house class.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    of the will try anything to sell a house class.

Where were you when I tried to sell my house in FL. lol

I ended up paying mortgages on two houses for almost a year. If I had only known all I had to do was bury a bone statue!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit