Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Undercover:

Were they DFd for going to the police? Or was there some other trumped up charge they got on them so they could shut them up in the congregation?

They were df'd about 3 weeks after the father's arrest, and no reason was given from
    the platform, just an announcement that they were no longer a jw, but the gossip mill
    suggested they were apostates as they had done something contrary to the society's
    teachings, when all they had done was to try and protect themselves. The oldest
    daughter was 18 by then, and daddy was less interested in her than in her two youngest
    sisters, then 11 and 8. I am still in touch with her, she lives near us, and she was trying
    to protect her younger sisters more than herself, as was her mum.

It's obvious that they were df'd to stop other jws asking them about what had happened,
    and sad to say, the elders ploy worked, though not all the congregation accepted the
    elders reason, and some have left the org since then.

Anybody that accuses a child of 5 or 8 of being promiscuous and tempting an adult to committ these crimes should be fucking punched in the face

I totally agree. This was apparently hinted at from the platform by the po after the father was
    convicted and sentenced. Some of the congregation actually believed it, though anyone who
    did needs a lobotomy IMHO. I'm not violent, but if any of those ba**ards ever told me those
    kids had been promiscuous, he'd be eating through a straw for a while.

• sf
    sf
    Watchtower Urged To Change Policy On Sex Abuse CasesBrooklyn Daily Eagle, NY - 19 minutes ago
    BROOKLYN HEIGHTSA victims’ rights group has released documents showing that the Jehovah’s Witnesses, also known as theWatchtower Society,

Most excellent.

Hopefully this will generate discussion in Brooklyn regarding the Almighty Watchtower Book Publishing and Real Estate Corporation. [ RELIGION PERSAY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ORGANIZATION.]

sKally

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind
    Lets keep bumping this thread by adding meaningful comments NO preregistration needed very user friendly This page is the highest ranking of all and can still be modified by us. Jehovah's Witnesses Settle Abuse Cases - Topix
    A victims' rights group released documents Thursday that showed the Jehovah's Witnesses recently settled civil suits with 16 people who claimed they were ...
    www.topix.net/city/brooklyn-ny/ 2007/05/jehovahs- witnesses -settle-abuse-cases - 45k

Thanks for the link ive 'bumped' the thread.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I hope this is just the beginning of many more lawsuits that will cripple the WTS. I hope I live long enough the see its downfall.

The Claw.

• flipper
    flipper

Just added a comment to the Brooklyn article thread. Interesting to see how the Jws' contributions are all about denial, defending, excusing, or passing blame. Where is the OUTRAGE at their AUTHORITIES?! Where is the EMPATHY for the victims? Demand for reform? Apology? Seems like the personalities of the creeps in the upper levels work their way down to the rank and file. Turned my stomach. flipper

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I've been waiting and waiting and reading all I can find on many boards with JWS...just hoping and praying for ONE post that says.."I'm a witness, and I am sick about this. I am going to call the WTS TODAY, and then I'm going to talk to the overseer about this. My GOD! All the papers can't be lying. I'm SO happy this is out in the open!!!" Alas....this is not the case. WTF is wrong with them????

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    with JWS...just hoping and praying for ONE post that says.."I'm a witness, and I am sick about this. I am going to call the WTS TODAY, and then I'm going to talk to the overseer about this. My GOD! All the papers can't be lying. I'm SO happy this is out in the open!!!" Alas....this is not the case. WTF is wrong with them????

child_abuse_church.jpg

These Catholics can protest and NOT be kicked out the BIG difference between the Catholic church (SNAP) and the Watchtower cult

• Draxis
    Draxis

Wow, Ive looked at one forum section and had to register. Sounds like my kind of people. By the By Danny H, this is Robert Y from that other site I posted on last night that you responded to.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Wow, Ive looked at one forum section and had to register. Sounds like my kind of people. By the By Danny H, this is Robert Y from that other site I posted on last night that you responded to.

Welcome mate

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I have been away for a while. What a wonderful thread to see coming back for a few minutes.

Well done everyone.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit