Sixteen Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits against Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Settled

by Dogpatch 166 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mad, (appropriate)

: ALL JWs despise child molestation (as well as molestation PERIOD) - except the Pretender Pedofiles lurking in ALL groups, even ours.

Liar. I saw pedophilia covered up in the early 1960's. This was done by a Congregational Overseer (PO these days.) He was caught "on top" of a little girl in his own home by his own wife. Nothing happened. Then, his wife caught him again later doing the same thing with another little girl. He was removed from his position, and that was it. He was having intercourse with these little girls. He died as a "faithful" dub, but without any "privileges" in the Printing Corporation. Another pedophile not but a few years later, was caught three times molesting and finally went to prison. When he got out he was welcomed back into the congregation and he did it AGAIN. And went to prison again. After all these times, he was DFd. My, my. They disfellowship folks for asking about 607BC just ONCE. No families became ruined over a simple doctrinal question like that. Ask yourself, just how MUCH does the WTS care about innocent, raped children by one of their own? Answer: nothing.

So what is this crap that ALL JWs despise pedophilia? Obviously the other elders and the CO didn't DESPISE pedeophilia or that creep would have been DFd and sent to dub Hell.

Why do you think that convicted and parolled pedophiles become dubs? Do you have a clue? Well, here is a hint: convicted dub pedophiles tell the other pedophiles in prison about the "two witnesses Rule(tm)". Any pedophile sees such an arrangement as the Holy Grail: there are NEVER two witnesses to a child rape. They might not just join, but become pioneers. For them, the benefits are worth it.

And children get hurt.

You are clueless, trolling idiot, my friend.

Farkel

• Arthur
    Arthur
    As a JW the one thing that always baffles me is the parents that would allow their children to be alone with these pervs.! Now, they want to sue the WTBS? I understand the victims suing the WTBS based on the cover up and proclivity to admit guilt, but someone should slap the stupid parents!

( long exasperated exhale ) . . . . Boroean, are you not aware that many of the parents of abuse victims were not even aware that there was a pedophile in the congregation? This is the whole point. Because of WT policies, many pedophiles were able to move congregations several times, and the friends would have no idea that this "nice brother" had allegations against him in another state. How were the parents to know that this "nice Ministerial Servant" was a potential danger?

So instead of slapping the parents, as you so eloquently put it; why not slap the Governing Body, or anyone else's sorry ass who created these policies?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Ahhhh,gotta love that at home advantage

Watchtower Urged To Change Policy On Sex Abuse Cases
    Brooklyn Daily Eagle, NY - 19 minutes ago
    BROOKLYN HEIGHTSA victims’ rights group has released documents showing that the Jehovah’s Witnesses, also known as the Watchtower Society,
  • Mary
    Mary
    As a JW the one thing that always baffles me is the parents that would allow their children to be alone with these pervs.! Now, they want to sue the WTBS? I understand the victims suing the WTBS based on the cover up and proclivity to admit guilt, but someone should slap the stupid parents!

Most of the time, the parents were not aware that these 'loving brothers' were child molesters.......as part of the 'worldwide brotherhood', they naturally felt that they could trust these people with their kids. What's really sick is when the elders KNOW that someone's a pedophile and they purposely hide it from the congregation. That is inexcusable and that's what this is all about: HIDING and PROTECTING these scumbags.

• juni
    juni

Amen Farkel!

Juni

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    You are clueless, trolling idiot, my friend.

Well said Farkel, Mad is a true jw, and we would expect him to defend their
    doctrines, but on this occasion he is trying to defend the indefensible. I know
    of a cover-up in the kh I attended - I am still in touch with the family, of whom
    all 4 daughters were raped by their father. He is now in jail, but "repented" and
    is still a jw in good standing. His now-ex wife and only baptised daughter were
    df'd after they got sick of the elders lack of response to their pleas for help and
    went to the police. Of course, the victims, aged between 5 and 8, were all
    promiscuous, and tempted their father at the time. (a promiscuous 5 yr old - ffs)

Bill Bowen had it right when he called the watchtower a paedophile paradise. It
    sure was for the one in my old hall.

• flipper
    flipper

Beroean. As an outsider it is plain as can be that this governing body NEVER takes the blame for their blunders - they pass it on to the lower echelons. Like their recent statement to the press about how they will help parents learn to protect their children (in other words, it was the parents' fault). And lo and behold, you yourself repeated the same (parents should be slapped) Just a thought here - someday you could be in a convenient position to be a scapegoat too. If you ever get a hankering to to some real research (not WT propaganda), you will find that this blaming, pass the buck behavior is typical of all high control organizations, cults, etc. flipper

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

As a JW the one thing that always baffles me is the parents that would allow their children to be alone with these pervs.! Now, they want to sue the WTBS? I understand the victims suing the WTBS based on the cover up and proclivity to admit guilt, but someone should slap the stupid parents! Perhaps coming out of the world where pedophiles and rapists were rampant gave me "street smarts", but even my children that were raised in the truth know to "be as cautious as serpents"! Where were the parents when the articles on "wolves dressed in sheeps clothing" were being discussed. They must have became witnesses because of the social gatherings.

Boerean,

Believe it or not.in a lot of cases, the abusers WERE the parents, or one of them, or some
    other "trusted" relative. If you don't believe me, take a look at some of the case histories on
    silentlambs.

• undercover
    undercover
    His now-ex wife and only baptised daughter were df'd after they got sick of the elders lack of response to their pleas for help and went to the police.

Were they DFd for going to the police? Or was there some other trumped up charge they got on them so they could shut them up in the congregation? Amazing how the innocent suffer in the congregations all in the name of not bringing "reproach on Jehovah's organization".

Of course, the victims, aged between 5 and 8, were all promiscuous, and tempted their father at the time.

Anybody that accuses a child of 5 or 8 of being promiscuous and tempting an adult to committ these crimes should be fucking punched in the face. I don't have kids, but I have several nieces and nephews all from the age of 2 to 8, all JWs. If an elder was to blame any of these children in the way you describe, I would have to intervene and let him have it. And then I'd help these kids get real help from the real authorities.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Going back to 2 questions asked earlier..

1. Were any of the people who settled in this lawsuit, previously disfellowshipped by the society?

2. If the WTS had been able to remove themselves legally from the California case, but the charges remained against the Elders of those congregations named, would the Elders have been charged on a personal level?

sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit