Circuit Overseer's Callous Remark

by snowbird 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    "By the way, was it Mark Twain who said that "rumors of my demise were highly exaggerated."? ......... Yup.

OK now I'm confused... Is Twain still alive or what? And how do you know he was an apostate?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Is Twain still alive or what? And how do you know he was an apostate?

Twain is alive, he partook at the last supper.

• Confession
    Confession
    He stated that he had heard that Ray Franz was dead. He didn't call him by name, of course. But he stated that a former GB member who turned apostate had recently become very ill. His word were, "I imagine by now he's dead."

Far be it from me to defend a WTS representative, but what was so terrible about this? That he called him an "apostate"? That he was wrong about his being dead?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    muslim holy books were written at the earliest 6CE. So you are 600 years off.

Ummm, is that a typo for 600CE?

• timmycat
    timmycat

I think you are being a little over critical. Big deal.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    He stated that he had heard that Ray Franz was dead. He didn't call him by name, of course. But he stated that a former GB member who turned apostate had recently become very ill. His word were, "I imagine by now he's dead."
    Far be it from me to defend a WTS representative, but what was so terrible about this? That he called him an "apostate"? That he was wrong about his being dead?

First of all, what's the need of him mentioning Ray Franz at all? Why does he care whether or not he is still alive? I thought, because he turned "apostate" he shouldn't even be mentioning him. What was the point? I think that is why his remark was so cold, its because there is no need to mention Mr. Franz, if it wasn't even relevant to his talk. The fact that he mentioned him just to say he was probably dead, makes it callous. As if he was happy about it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sure it was said with a smirky self righteous attitude(see what happens after 25 years to those evil apostates-Jehovah WILL be vindicated and its proved-cause now he is DEAD DEAD DEAD***unspoken but understood part of the conversation, probably)- It was said with some motivation, and I am positive it wasn't concern for our friend Ray or his 'widow'. I notice that several GB members HAVE died. So neener neener? Heck, we all will die, what does that prove?

• Anne Marie
    Anne Marie

Well, I am happy to say that Ray Franz is alive and well. In fact, he is eighty-two this month, I believe. He did have a severe problem with the blood vessels to his heart, but he says that he is recovered from that. Also, his dear wife, Jackie, (I think her name is), had open-heart surgery, but she, too, is doing pretty good.

They both have been through so very much in what the Watchtower put them through...at least they have had many people come to visit them from all over the world, and they have "real" friends. I guess the Watchtower "powers that be" would really hate to acknowledge that!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Someone there should have called him on that statemant. He is not supposed to be talking about a specific apostate.

And yes it was rude and vindictive in the first place. They have such a need to villianize people who see beyond their mirage. Franz is an example that they just can't stand and so they smear him pubicly.

Wishing Ray and his wife the best.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wonder how WT is responding to the latest news about Ray Franz?

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit