Circuit Overseer's Callous Remark

by snowbird 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was just thinking about a CO's closing remarks one Sunday after the Watchtower study. He stated that he had heard that Ray Franz was dead. He didn't call him by name, of course. But he stated that a former GB member who turned apostate had recently become very ill. His word were, "I imagine by now he's dead." My stomach dropped somewhere down near my knees. I was in total shock. This was around 2003. I don't know how I managed to hang on for another 2 years. What do you guys think about that?

Snowbird

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm sure Jesus would be so proud of this CO's love towards his enemy.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Funny how they would keep tabs on someone they say to have nothing to do with and ignore--huh? Even though Jesus said you must love your enemies, that seems to be a scripture skipped over a lot. Instead it was always emphasized " you reap what you sow" and always in a negative context, not a rejoiceful harvesting of good!!!
    Some Circuit Overseers seemed to be totally robotic and unfeeling, while others could melt your heart and have you in love with them like a little kid with his wonderful grandpa.
    They already have Franz condemned as sinning against the holy spirit and thus unworthy of any fellow feeling. He was of the annointed, appointed by holy spirit, and yet turned his back on their (God's) organization. Some feel justified to criticize others when even jesus wouldn't rebuke satan. Self righteousness is a heady feeling.
    Just my 2 cents. Kitten Whiskers

• Scully
    Scully

It would be funny to see Ray Franz show up somewhere that this CO was and tell him that the "rumors of my demise were highly exaggerated". Not just for the straightening-out-the-idiot factor, but mainly for the making-the-@$$hole-crap-himself factor.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm all for exposing liars and rumor-mongers for what they are.

• snowbird
    snowbird

It would be funny to see Ray Franz show up somewhere that this CO was and tell him that the "rumors of my demise were highly exaggerated". Not just for the straightening-out-the-idiot factor, but mainly for the making-the-@$$hole-crap-himself factor.

Yes, it would, wouldn't it? By the way, was it Mark Twain who said that "rumors of my demise were highly exaggerated."?

Snowbird

• poppers
    poppers

"By the way, was it Mark Twain who said that "rumors of my demise were highly exaggerated."? ......... Yup.

• lrkr
    lrkr

One of the first things that got me to thinking clearly was when I considered Muslim extremists. I thought- wow they are willing to kill, die, etc because they believe that their take on a 2000 year old set of books is the right one. What a closed minded, archaic way of thinking.....

Hey wait a minute......

Why should any one person wish another harm because of difference in opinions about a 2000 year old set of books? It shows that some of the really indoctrinated people in the org have begun to loose their humanity.

Even lawyers who abuse each other in court have more class than that. They usually will not wish the opposing party harm.

• Highlander
    Highlander

One of the first things that got me to thinking clearly was when I considered Muslim extremists. I thought- wow they are willing to kill, die, etc because they believe that their take on a 2000 year old set of books is the right one. What a closed minded, archaic way of thinking.....

Hey wait a minute......

Great point. And that type of extremist thinking is proven time and again in the WT mags when they state that the 'law of the land' does not all us to stone/kill apostates so we can only disfellowship/shun them instead.

• 5go
    5go

muslim holy books were written at the earliest 6CE. So you are 600 years off.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Ray Franz has always been a convenient whipping boy for the good ole boys who make up the Watchtower heirarchy. I think that a lot of it is sour grapes. Franz has shown a much better grasp and deeper appreciation for the Scriptures than many prominent members of the Bethel family. From what I have observed; most of the organization's middle management are much more concerned with what the Watchtower magazine and headquarter policy says. For them, the Bible is just a big lump of Play-Dough to mold around the Watchtower's teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit