Would you really want to live forever

by darth frosty 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Living forever would be great. The problem is when people don't live now. Someone once told me- whereever you are- be there.

Why not travel, get educated, enjoy watching your children play baseball, enjoy meeting and spending time with people. So many JW's fail to do these things because of the dream of the future (and the rules for getting there)

When my kid would say "I can't wait for the new world" my wife and I (in a moment of shock and frustration) would say - "Your life right now is pretty great."

! But living forever, sure why not? But only if it is not the JW way. I don't fear death. Why fear the end of fear?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Yes, ofcourse I'd want to live forever.

However if it came with the 'cost' of killing off all other non-j-dubs, then I'd rather give the 'one finger salute' to the 'god' that would do such a thing.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Highlander, don't you have to chop off the heads of your enemies to live forever?

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Highlander, don't you have to chop off the heads of your enemies to live forever?

Shhh... Don't tell anyone, but if you know any j-dubs that go missing, it's because I removed their heads in my quest for immortality. "There can be only one"

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Not with the witnesses. They would run Paradise Earth like a district convention. Roping off whole continents.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Everlasting life in a physical body and world. Ian't that the hook that got most of us into the JWs?

Yet the Bible speaks a lot more about spiritual immortality. I often wondered if I wasn't just afraid to try something new.

I would love to live forever, but it does not matter where and there are so many problems with physical immortality. I don't think boredom would ever be a problem in any scenario.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

who can guarantee we don't live on after we die???

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm not sure if I'd want to live forever in a world devoid of conflict, devoid of drama. What would be the point of living if every day does not lend to a struggle of some sort? Would would be the impetus for culture, for stories, for operas, for anything interesting, really? If every day is just pleasantries and grins, I think I'd get tired of that, too. It's the contrast of good and bad that makes anything worthwhile...carving out a slice of good in a world of evil. When all that is done for you, then there's really nothing worth living for....

• abbagail
    abbagail

Absolutely! Who in our short life spans has even BEGUN to do, see, learn, feel, experience, all there is?

I don't buy the argument that we need conflict and drama to "enjoy" life. Who enjoys a day when some major stress event comes into play and knocks you out of your equilibrium for the day, or the week, or longer?

Goodbye sin and corruption, and Hello HEAVENLY perfection... forever!

THE GLORY OF THE BELIEVER...

"For the Lord (that's JESUS) himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: THEN WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN SHALL BE CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS, TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR; and SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD. Wherefore, COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS." - 1 Thess. 4:16,17

That verse applies to ALL BELIEVERS in Jesus Christ, not just a "little flock" (which is the Nation of Israel anyway, contrray to WT teaching). The "other sheep" are the LARGER of the two, and have a HEAVENLY hope and will have a HEAVENLY INCORRUPTIBLE body to enjoy eternity in.

1 Cor 15:52,53,54 - "IN AN INSTANT, IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and *WE* SHALL BE CHANGED. For this corruptible must put on iINCORRUPTION, and this mortal [must] put on IMMORTALITY. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

Does Christ get bored? He can zap himself from here to there and back, and everywhere in between, and to places we don't have a clue, througout all the galaxies, etc. We will be able to do the same... Believers will be caught up to be with the Lord UNTIL HE COMES BACK all the way at the end of the tribulation, and we will come back with him at that time (meaning, we will be able to operate/function in the heavenly realms AND the earthly realms). So that means you will have DOUBLE the area to investigate and enjoy forever.

"Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We KNOW that WHEN HE APPEARS, WE WILL BE LIKE HIM, because we will see Him just as He is." - 1 John 3:2

How many stars and galaxies have you visited yet in your life so far? Why cut yourself short?

/ag

PS: The earth WILL have a Kingdom with Jesus ruling as King DOWN HERE IN JERUSALEM, the CITY OF DAVID. Don't worry, the earth will NOT be run by the Watchtower Society and its "glorious ones" (elders, anointed, GB, FDS, etc.), but the very same believers who were "caught up to meet the Lord in the air" and who are the very same "saints" who come back with Him, are the same ones who will "rule with him for 1,000 years." So, then, YOU CAN BE ONE OF THE RULERS of the earth, and that's the "real" Biblical truth (forget everything the WT ever taught, and start fresh. IT's WORTH IT!)

• fifi40
    fifi40

I read the Alchemist a long while back.........................and my take on the story was that, The Sheperd laddy went a long way to find out that what he really wanted was right back where he started..................I think given the choice most of us want to live forever or, alternatively, dont want to die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit