Would you really want to live forever

by darth frosty 34 Replies latest jw friends

• golf2
    golf2

Under the right circumstances, no sweat.

Golf

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The Alchemist is a fantastic book. The main highlight is to follow your dreams.

As for living forever, there's always with a catch. I would find living forever appealing, but I don't like the WT's view of eternal life.

I'd rather die a free person than live forever as a slave.

• Gill
    Gill

Lots of people want what they can't ever have!

Brunettes want to be blonde, but achieve a perverse, unnatural colour that only some find attractive.

The fictional Lord Voldemort wanted to live forever, but turned into a monster, and the same being true over dear old Lord Vader!

Wanting something unnatural.....ie living forever, turns a human being into a perverse monstrosity of their, what would have been natural self.....hence the horrendous personality types we have all endured at the Kingdumb Halls!

Face it! We were not meant to live forever on a paradise earth. The Bible is the greatest con there ever was put together by a power hungry church.

Some people cannot let go of the fantasy and accept the real beauty of reality and gradual decline that all nature goes through and then, the joy of rebirth.

I do not want to live forever. I now know and believe that in time, I will decline and die....and I accept that.

Some cannot let go the lies of the mind control cult we once embraced for all the wrong reasons, the selfish reasons. The 'I' reasons and I have seen horrendous acts by JWs who really believe that THEY personally should live forever, so must carry on the nonsensical tasks of Watchtower beating the public, and in doing that neglect what really would make them human, self sacrificing love for family and vulnerable ones.

The 'I' want to live forever person is a monster and creation of a cult.

• winnie
    winnie

Gill,

There is nothing wrong with wanting to live forever, even if it is just a fantasy.

There is no need to be negative towards those of us that would like what in reality, may be unattainable. And not all of us have troddon over others to try to acheive that goal when we were JW's.

There is such a thing called hope and optimism...even if it is misplaced!

• bluebell
    bluebell

Darth Frosty,

I have a question. I really cannot see clearly the tiny pictures people have with their names. Is that an extemely large banana you have in your hand?

lol quandry - i nearly wet myself - get yourself some glasses! roflmao

anyhow back to topic - yes i would like to live forever, just not the jw way. just because you may live forever doesn't mean you also shouldn't live for today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit