March JW Broadcast: Once again disparaging Higher Education - this time in the Music Video.

by cappytan 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B

So disgusting. It was worse than a used car lot commercial so at least the propaganda wont be as effective. I like to review this "spiritual food from yesteryear" I feel it is very applicable. Those that followed its advice are broke, old and sick now, and the suckers that follow the likes of this video will be in the same boat 30 years from now.

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

• BU2B
    BU2B

Done for good said-I am convinced now that the organization has crossed the Rubicon. I really did not think I would say that so soon, but they are digging themselves into a hole big time with this video crap. No sane person is going to accept such nonsense. Videos like this will continue to polarize the nominally sane from the crazy loons.

Keep it up WT. I look forward to the day when those remaining sane ones make their escape. It is a matter of time. Tick...Tick...Tick

Exactly! This may be by design like Data Dog says. The more baby boomers get older and older without a retirement, broke and stressed, without health coverage etc all because of their following the advice of "the faithful slave" the young ones will see this and, even if they remain JWs, ignore this foolish counsel about not going to college.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I don't know guys. I keep hearing people say that the org is losing it's grip, getting mainstream and more relaxed but I just don't see it. A lot of stuff seems to be going back to it's roots and old school ways.

I hate to say it but I think they are going to continue to tighten their grip. They're going to be tell there followers more and more what is right and what is wrong. It's already started. A Christians conscience will soon be a thing of the past.

I still don't believe their growth crap. The numbers don't add up. I think they're getting fishy on what they count as active. They're trying to make it sound like there is all this huge growth and how many more halls our needed etc... on their 2% growth which I even question that. Mean while they're selling halls, selling branches while telling everyone how much growth there is. Crazy seeing the double speak.

• Magnum
    Magnum

thedepressedsoul: As a younger person, I am currently saving and putting money into my retirement on a regular basis. When I tell fellow JW that you should see the look of disgust on their face. Most of them tell me what's the point of saving since the end will come. They continually tell me to not save and that it's a waste of time.

They told me the same thing over 30 years ago, and, unfortunately, I listened to them. Now, I'm suffering for it.

• Magnum
    Magnum

thedepressedsoul: I don't know guys. I keep hearing people say that the org is losing it's grip, getting mainstream and more relaxed but I just don't see it. A lot of stuff seems to be going back to it's roots and old school ways.

I think you're referring to two different things. The org is getting more mainstream in its outward appearance, doing stuff like videos, cartoons, TV, website, convention entertainment, singing and dancing in Kingdom Halls, etc. Its not as "fire and brimstone" to the public as it used to be. That's one thing.

Now the other thing - it's not necessarily becoming more relaxed toward those on the inside. It might be tightening its grip, demanding more loyalty, trying to more control the mind, etc.

So again, I think you're referring to two different issues.

I still don't believe their growth crap. The numbers don't add up. I think they're getting fishy on what they count as active. They're trying to make it sound like there is all this huge growth and how many more halls our needed etc... on their 2% growth which I even question that. Mean while they're selling halls, selling branches while telling everyone how much growth there is. Crazy seeing the double speak.

I, too, don't believe the growth stuff, or, at least, I'm suspicious of it.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

MAGNUM

Your explanation was Exactly what the term '' jump the shark'' means. Original meaning was the point when a television series shows it has run out of ideas and must resort to stunts to retain viewer interest. Derived from a scene in the last years of Happy Days when the Fonz waterskied over a shark.

As you stated, the WTS is in decline, stagnant,taking drastic measures to regain momentum,trying to reinvent themselves,not remaining true to themselves,selling out and doing outlandish things to retain members and soften new members.

This in not the WTBTS I've known since the early 70's when I was baptized. The acting in these videos look out of place and stiff. They look worse than the dramas at the summer conventions. Bad acting and lip syncing.

• Magnum
    Magnum

RULES & REGULATIONS: The acting in these videos look out of place and stiff. They look worse than the dramas at the summer conventions. Bad acting and lip syncing.

I agree. And the presenters I've seen lately on JWTV are so stiff and formal and lifeless and emotionless. They seem so scripted. It's just not natural. There's no feeling or real warmth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

NUKE THE FRIDGE?!?! LOL!!!

I have never heard that expression! I am going to take a stab at its meaning. The only thing that I have ever seen that was stupid enough to merit that phrase, was in the movie " Crystal Skulls."

Indian Jones gets into a refrigerator and survives a nuclear blast. I remember being so effing indignant!!! George Lucas obviously thinks that I am stupid. Otherwise why make a movie that was so stupid?

Thats what the GB want. Watchtarded dumb-dumbs who will buy the special edition of "Respect Authority" on Bluray.

DD

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I learn something new every day on this site. Thanks to all for a great education.

Jump the Shark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ZGKI8vpcg

• Magnum
    Magnum

DATA-DOG, you nailed it. You get the prize.

Nuking the fridge is sort of like the movie version, whereas jumping the shark is the TV version. But I think both terms now have been generalized to refer to any situation wherein outlandish or drastic things are done to try to regain former status, keep from declining, etc.

NewYork44M, thanks for the clip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit