URRRRRRRRR

by Missanna 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

missanna,

I quit going to meetings over 12 years ago. It still irks me when I get the "you left Jehovah" schpiel from JWs. The only thing that stops me from clobbering someone is knowing that they put leaving their stupid petty rulebook-up-the-ass organization on the same level as leaving Jehovah. They have no idea that they've been sucked into an idolatrous existence. We have escaped from that madness and left it behind. They're still stuck in there, and some of them like it just fine. Their problem, not yours.

Now that I am atheist, they can say that I left Jehovah. I don't care. I left all of that fairy tale, imaginary friend, pie in the sky crap and am much better off for doing so.

• Missanna
    Missanna

I've tried explaining the whole "I still pray and study the Bible" but they (especially my parents) have told me "That's not Enough for Jehovah!" where do they or anyone get off saying they know what God wants and expects of me? That's between me and Jehovah. I may be at a point right now that i am confused about things and don't really know what i beleive but i'm confident i am going to come out of it with a clear head. And i did right the guy back i went off on him... i couldn't help it. i was pissed. he hasn't written back so i might have scared him off.

• Missanna
    Missanna

damn i spoke too soon. lol he just wrote me again. the looooong e-mail saying all kinds of crazy stuff. i think i'll just ignore him now

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I still get this from time to time.

It comes down to standards and boundaries, I think.

Standards.

The control tower standard of truth allows for lies. In a 'he said, she said' situation, the more 'theocratic' party is automatically the truthful one.

Control tower 'love' is conditional and often feels like hate. They love who they are told, hate who they are told, hot and cold running emotion.

They have absolute certainty based on 'current truth,' which is like having solid footing on a landslide.

Obedience to God and obedience to the control tower are one and the same. They have infinite condescension for any expression of faith not sanctioned by 'God's Channel.'

Reality, to a control tower drone is very a very fluid concept.

Boundaries.

A person with healthy boundaries knows where they end and others begin. The fledgling witness learns to intentionally violate boundaries, their own and others, and call it healthy.

They begin by mortgaging their conscience to the organization, and accepting responsibility for other's actions if they fail to snitch. It only gets worse from there.

So, in his mind, you are a part of the group over-conscience that has become detached from reality and are well within his boundaries to attempt to engage. Witness his declaration that you no longer love him.

I think that you threaten his ability to stay in the 'current truth' and you should really pity the poor fool.

So when you get that from people and it just pisses you off, just try to be glad that your standards are reality-based and your boundaries are where they should be.

Hang in there!

Roller

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I say you should start hitting on him.

• sinis
    sinis

RELIGION IS THE OPIATE OF THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAK FREE, AND FREE YOUR MIND - - - JEHOVAH DOES NOT EXIST, AND IS A TRIBAL THUNDER GOD. YOU'D HAVE BETTER LUCK WORSHIPPING ZEUS, BUT WE ALL KNOW WHERE THAT WILL GET YOU - NOW WHERE.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Answer him only one way. Say, "Since you won't leave me alone, I will take every opportunity to
    tell you why WTS is a mind-control cult / false prophet / greedy publishing company."

Go on about the UN, silentlambs, 607BCE, 1975, whatever you want. If you ask a question in
    that email, just reiterate the question in the next email, saying he didn't answer.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's how they JWs are they believe their religion is the saving truth, you can point out to him some reasons why it is not but is instead a judaising cult.

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

Hey missanna don't trip over that foolishness!!! When I told my mom that I've finally figured out the Truth about the Truth, she went there too..."Well some people just don't want to serve Jehovah". Basic witness answer based on fear and ignorance. Just remember U R FREE, he's the one still BLIND and TRAPPED. While your praying pray 4 him also

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Riminds me of one of my exes.

I tried to tell her about the UN, 1914, et al, but she just said I had to consider the source.

The source? I asked, and she said,

"all these websites exist simply to discredit the society" as if it were something that hadn't quite ocurred to me.

"Well duh! that's kind of the whole point of an 'opposing viewpoint'"

But she felt she had scored her point and had glazed her eyes over again.

Pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit