ARE YOU PSYCHIC..........................AND WHAT DID YOU THINK AS A JW ?

by vitty 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I think that there are people who do have a 6th sense about something...many people have that experience. Wether or not those are paranormal experiences is anyone's guess, I just think that it's part of our brains ability, and some people have it, and some dont...just my 2 cents.

It would certainly be hard to refute an amorphous description as that!

Our brain is constantly predicting..predicting..predicting what's up ahead to keep us on alert and protect us from contingency. When we experience an actual incident that was accurately predicted--then--we act amazed about it. So-called intution is hardly more than a pool of knowledge, experience, speculation and what-if scenario that hits a bull's eye.

What seems to titillate our imagination the most is UNEXPECTED events we are able to foresee in some way. Yet, without this ability humans would have vanished into extinction long ago. Our consciousness is always divided. We just don't pay attention to the computing that is going on in the background until it comes a cropper!

When you know somebody really well you often can finish their sentences for them. This isn't paranormal. It is intelligent knowledge of patterns.

Women seem particularly vulnerable to the paranormal literature, claims and backstory. It is my crackpot theory that this comes from the terrible way men in society have tried to keep women powerless. Why wouldn't a woman want to develop any power or ability which gives her more leverage to achieve equality or dominance? It would be unintelligent not to investigate!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Sorry my reply was so vauge, I was pressed for time when typing it.

I agree with Terry's above statement that often intuition is based on accumulated knowledge and of knowledge about loved ones, so that we can anticipate what they will say.

I just think that there are parts of our brain that have not been developed, since we do not use 100% of our brains. Is that a correct assumption?

And from that assumption, I think that there is quite possibly to posses certain new abilities...all I was saying is that perhaps a small percentage of the population , men and women, not just women, have those abilities, but are not taken seriously...because of all the fraudulent persons out there making money off of it. There are those that believe in those abilites.

I am open-minded about it, I cannot say, '' No, there is no possible way that the human brain can be capable of having certain abilites that are deemed paranormal''.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Terry:

You and I are psychic! We were reading each others minds.

The problem with JW thinking on this is that they view "demonic" explanations as liberation from superstition. How many times have you seen articles on the paranormal with the title "Breaking free from Superstition". "Oh you thought ghosts were spirits of the departed? No, they are really billion year old murderous super powerful evil invisible entities bent on destroying all of humanity and taking over your body "

OK. Now I feel better.

• ninja
    ninja

my wife says I am a psycho....does that count?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well.......I was told by a psychic I am psychic. Did I believe her? Nope.

About 6 months ago, I joined a psychic forum, and for the heck of it, paid 8 bucks a month to take classes. According to the psychics on there, everyone has the ability....some dont know, some do. But if you practice meditation, and do certain exercises....you can highten your ability.

I didnt finish the classes....but they were interesting none the less. I have alot of times I go to pick up the phone to call someone, and it rings in my hand and its them. Or just think of someone, and they call. But I dont know If I would believe it to be psycic or not.

Maybe I am and thats why all these spirits keep bugging me?? (ok, waiting for funky to comment) lmfao

• BFD
    BFD

ninja, I'd have to agree with your wife on that...but I don't think it counts.

BFD

• JH
    JH
    alot of times I go to pick up the phone and I know who it is before answering

You must have a display, thats why.

LMAO, sorry Butt, I had to modify what you said for a laugh

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

I understand your point Terry, however, a
    truly open-minded individual would ALLOW for
    the possibilities concerning psychic abilities
    or the paranormal.

Unless, an individual truly studies the
    field, everything is held as an opinion or
    point of view.

If I had to pick and choose between the
    viewpoints of a scientist in the field and
    a store book clerk I will go with the former.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I already know what the Wacktower is going to say before I read it. Does that make me psychic?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont encourage my psychic side. But my brother was bothered by demons as a witness and after he left the borg and then my father died, my brother became psychic and communicates with my dead father and dead pets.

He has shown me orbs in pictures and then my own camera started photographing orbs and if you blow the orbs up magnification wise, you can see pictures in them of people and animals. Also my brother will put a tape recorder on the tabel at a family gathering and play it back latter and there will be voices on the tape that were not at the gathering, kind of like the movie white noise. I have heard these tapes and seen the pictures in the orbs. Also my brother does spiritual rescue work for other peoples dead friends. Sort of like in the movie what dreams come with Robin Williams.

My brother has done work with this fellow, http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/

Either there smoking something good or they are convinced they are doing something.

Until you see it or experience it, its all just talk. As I say I have seen and heard some of the things, but its not my cup of tea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit