Sorry Crumpet. Denim not for Christians per 4/07 KM. ; - )

by Open mind 65 Replies latest members private

• ninja
    ninja

of course they cant wear denims...theyve to avoid denimism......muhahaha

• Zico
    Zico

Hey ninja, at least we can still wear ninja suits... it says nothing about not wearing ninja suits!

• ninja
    ninja

hey zeekster...meet you at ninjas "r" us in an hour

• Zico
    Zico

'hey zeekster...meet you at ninjas "r" us in an hour'

Don't forget your Convention badge!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Maybe everyone on here should go get a convention badge.........and all the girls dress like ho's, with mini skirts and tight tops, and the guys....well, god forbid, maybe bicycle shorts and tank tops? And wear our badges proudly!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    it says nothing about not wearing ninja suits!

Just wear your badge with it.

Okay, common sense folks. Regardless of what the OKM says, you wouldn't wear
    a badge if you changed into jeans, shorts, or t-shirts. I know some weird j-dubs who would
    but the common sense folks would not.

If you have kids, have them change. It's just common sense. Window washers don't make enough
    money for the kids to ruin suits everyday.

If you go to the hotel first, then want to go to fast food, change. Who cares what they say, it's just
    common sense. Why would you stay in your sunday best for a whopper?

If you go to the pool, you aren't going to wear a badge.

The badge makes the group as a whole look like drones of a collective, even the j-dubs know that.

Go anywhere you like for lunch during the session. I doubt they have created a judicial reason for this.

If someone is sick, and needs to spend alot of time in the washroom, either ignore it, or tell them to stay
    at the hotel that day. If they are a kid, let one parent skip the convention day. (Don't knock each other
    down fighting to be that parent.)

Take as many cars as you need to take, save seats for those that absolutely arranged to sit together,
    don't worry about the "best" seats. Who needs to see the speaker's face for his talks?

Decide what you will contribute before you go to the convention. If you are going to wait until sunday to
    see how much you can afford, you are giving too much. You already gave up college and weekends and
    part of your vacation.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Nelly!!!!!

What are you thinking OTWO?

If you keep giving advice like that, people might
    actually feel a little relieved and want to stay in.

And you say you used to be an ELDER?!? You know better than that.

BEAT THOSE SHEEP!! BEAT 'EM GOOD!!

Open Mind

p.s. Just teasin' about you bein' an elder. It would have been nice to have had you in our K. Hall.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

The badge isn't to "give a fine witness" to others. I don't think even the Governing Body is so dumb that they think other people are going to be impressed.

The badge is so all the other JWs will know you're a JW and keep an eye on your dress and behavior while you're "away from home" and supposedly anonymous in a different town. It's to make sure you don't relax your guard and commit naughtiness while you're in a situation where you might think the rules are relaxed, you're away from home and nobody knows you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And if your t-shirt that you changed into before going to Burger King happens to
    say NIKE or UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA, just wear it. I suggest you wear these
    on cleaning days, too. If they send you home, you know you gave them a chance
    to use you.

If you have to watch more than one kid, and they ask you to volunteer, feel free to
    decline.

Let the upwardly mobile brothers that want to become elders do the congregation
    cleaning assignment during the sessions. That gives you more time to socialize
    or leave for the pool.

If you are a bookstudy overseer, and Sister Mooch says she doesn't have enough
    money to go, tell her that she could just stay home, somebody will probably tape the
    sessions, or she can read your notes. Tell her you will be glad to sit down with her
    after the convention to set up her budget for next year.

We actually had a Sister Mooch who had a place to stay, but arrived saying she
    had no money for food. The folks who gave her a free ride also fed her. I told them
    to take her to the grocery store, and I would pay for the loaf of bread, jar of peanut
    butter and a bunch of bananas. I would get enough to last the whole three days.
    They refused my offer, and shelled out for her. Oh well, they love her more than
    I do. Don't any of them know what tough love is?

• minimus
    minimus
    Wearing a tee shirt, shorts or jeans during lesiure time is WRONG because ministers or their families never wear such attire. How STOOOOOOOPIDD.

What will happen if someone violates this law?? They will be looked down upon, counseled and marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit