We need to contribute so JWD doesn't shut down so often

by restrangled 37 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I suggest we all contribute $5.00 to $10.00 per year so that the site does not shut down on a regular basis.

This would allow Simon to hire a server site that is reliable. I have never seen a site go down so often.

If Simon is in agreement and you are too, would you post here ?

My husband hosts many sites including huge hotels for the government. They cannot go down at any time.

We pay about $2000.00 a year as the host. So lets get this going and stop JWD from crashing on a regular basis.

Any takers?

r

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am game

• horrible life
    horrible life

Seeing that I take 60 mg of my happy pills, and not double that, you can count me in!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

I'd like to kindly suggest that you approach Simon with this before going all gang-busters with your very generous idea.

A long time ago, there was a PayPal link for donating to the site for its upkeep, but if I remember correctly, Simon implemented the Google ads so as to keep the site self sufficient, without needing donations or user fees from anyone.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Amen, Sister r.!

I discussed this very subject with a friend today, come to find out that my computer is not being submarined by Mother and her minions. One post, earlier this evening, was eaten by "this page cannot be displayed." Then, I was unable to perform any function whatsoever. Today is the 4th or 5th day of such. I would be happy to learn more, per your suggestion, restrangled, regarding what we all might do to help. Is everyone affected similarly and at the same time, or does it occur in waves?
    Given the desperation of those in immediate need of comfort and support, I would be happy to contribute to any method that would allow them non-interrupted service on a 24-7 basis.
    Please advise, Simon!

CoCo

• restrangled
    restrangled

Skully I understand where you are coming from. If you reread my post I basically said if Simon agrees......

It has obviously become a problem and the advertisements don't seem to support such a heavy duty site. I am suggesting we contribute so that he can purchase what this site needs and we all could contribute so that he is not out any money.

It is up to him ofcourse but this site has been crashing on a regular basis for many hours.

r.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

If you can put it together, I'm in for sure.

• Lunamoth
    Lunamoth

A PayPal link would be nice.

Love and Laughter,

Lunamoth

• Warlock
    Warlock

Me and my bat would contribute.

Warlock

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Or you could just click on the google ads more often...

Google pays for every one thousand times a person loads a google add.

And they pay for each individual time a person clicks on an add.

Granted, it's a miniscule amount, but it adds up. If everyone would just decide, "Every time I visit JWD, I'll click on ad add at least once." That would probably be very helpfull.

After I post this, I'm gonna click on an add.

Lore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit