The Person you were Engaged to Marry had an Accident & became a Paraplegic

by new boy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

.................Would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?

• ninja
    ninja

I would go through with it...think of the insurance money....and you could always sleep with her best friend up the stairs...your wife couldn't get up there to check on you....at least until you get the stannah stairlift fitted....

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

ah ninja - great minds think alike. I often used to hope my partner would have an accident, but I stopped short of helping him to have one. LOL!

• ninja
    ninja

It could be arranged ...but it'll take a whack of money to coax me out of retirement

• BFD
    BFD

You evil apostates crack me up! lol

BFD

• BFD
    BFD

Oh and to reply to the question at hand...Yes I would still marry him but, I'm not allowed to!

BFD

• JH
    JH

Yes, because love is more than skin deep.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For me the issue isn't the disability. It's how he is dealing with it. I've worked with people who had a wide range of disabilies. I've dated 2 blind men. one who had CP, another had MS and 1 fellow who was hearing impaired.

My experience has been varied. Some took the disability in stride. One fellow was angry and couldn't get past everything he lost.

Now as a person with a disability I would hope people would judge me on what is inside rather than my set of wheels

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"In sickness and in health"......would your HEART dictate your decision?

Is LOVE, CARING AND COMPASSION in the picture?

I have dealt with handicapped individuals of all kinds, and with all types of personalities when I was learning how to become an advocate for the Special Education system. Each one is a PERSON and has to be seen AS a person and not an "obstacle" that you have to deal with. The way your question is presented leaves more questions than what you asked.

I am struggling to see this as the "printed word" not conveying what you actually meant to say. Could you be more specific?......or is it ME that is not "getting it"?

• new boy
    new boy

I think the question is.........

Would you be willing to go into a life of care taking this person for 40-50 years?

Would you be willing to have poor sex or no sex with this person for 40-50 years?

It may sound harsh, but you would be signing on for a LONG, rough trip...........One I don't think I could do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit