Raymond Franz Never A Member of GB/Fathers Email

by ladonna 60 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    I told my mother about Crisis of Conscience. She said "Raymond Franz? Never heard of him!" "He was never a member of the Governing Body"

The August, 1980 "Our Kingdom Ministry" had the thingy about a number of people at Bethal being kicked out for being apostates and also had a small article on Ray Franz leaving the Governing Body.

If one quiries a WT CD there are a lot more articles with Ray's name in them.

hawk

hawk

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ana,

Sorry, I know this is painful for you. I will pray for your mother, and for you. Some people prefer darkness to the light. Anyone have old WT issues showing Ray Franz and listing him as a memeber of the GB? Or old Newspaper articles? Mailing those to mom might make her back up a bit, but I doubt it.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

omg ladonna....

"Won't it be good when what happened in NY happens all over the world and gets rid of all the wicked ones?"

My skin crawled when I read that one. I'm sorry for the hideous spot you are in. You called your mom for a friendly hello....and you get terrorist spew. Oh.. ick, ick, ick.

I have had to cut off contact with family members who are so toxic that I get sick when I am in contact with them. It is a deep loss....

Kent, you are so right on with the Taliban/WTS being in bed together. No one in those groups will be happy until the entire human race is wiped off the face of the earth. Just what the creator had in mind, I'm sure....

lauralisa

It's only water from a stranger's tear (Peter Gabriel)

• blondie
    blondie

Ladonna, I don't know how long your mom has been a JW but these are the items in the WT publications that show Raymond Franz was a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses from 1973 to 1980. Before that he had served as a missionary and branch servant in the Dominican Republic as well as at Bethel. The quotes below are NOT from apostate literature (smile).

*** km 8/80 2 Announcements ***
    This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.

*** yb80 159 France ***
    Finally, the new annex was completed, and on Saturday, May 13, 1978, Brother Raymond Franz of the Governing Body gave the dedication talk in French.

*** w79 1/1 11 Building and Planting in France ***
    After a program retracing the two years of efforts required to put up the new building, several recorded messages from Witnesses in other French-speaking lands were heard. Then Raymond Franz, a member of the Governing Body, gave the dedication talk.

*** w76 11/1 671 Gilead's 61st Graduation a Spiritual Treat ***
    Next to speak were the chairmen for 1976 of the six Governing Body committees.

He was followed by Raymond Franz, who himself had attended Gilead School and served some twenty years in foreign assignments.

*** w75 1/15 60 Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses Enlarged ***
    The Governing Body is now composed of eighteen members, all anointed, and the other ten are as follows: Frederick W. Franz, Raymond V. Franz, George D. Gangas, Leo K. Greenlees, John O. Groh, Milton G. Henschel, William K. Jackson, Nathan H. Knorr, Grant Suiter and Lyman A. Swingle.

*** yb73 257 The Governing Body ***
    The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses consists of eleven brothers, all anointed of God. They are as follows: Frederick W. Franz, Raymond V. Franz, George D. Gangas, Leo K. Greenlees, John O. Groh, Milton G. Henschel, William K. Jackson, Nathan H. Knorr, Grant Suiter, Thomas J. Sullivan and Lyman A. Swingle.

• lydia
    lydia

(((ANA)))))

My goodness that had to hurt - and all because you called to say HI???? They are as Kent pointed out like the Taliban!

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Love to you!

Lydia

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

also many JW cannot fathom a governing body member going 'apostate' so they say either
    1) he was never a gb member
    2) he became gay and thats why he left
    3) it was deeemins

3) is the most popular response

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((((ana))))))))))))

"Won't it be good when what happened in NY happens all over the world and gets rid of all the wicked ones?"

I lost it....I really lost it!!

I would've lost it, too, dear ana!
    I'm at a loss for words. COMF offers one healing voice, but I'm not sure that the admonition to keep doing good to MOM is what you want or need right to hear right now.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to vent some more.

You are a GREAT person, Anastasia, and I feel privileged to know you!

Love,
    Brenda

• josephus
    josephus

hi ana

thinking of you

love

josephus
    neil

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

ana,

That sounded like something my mom would say!
    It's very frustrating.
    I'm glad that you feel good about the way you handled the situation.

I just want to warn you not to feel shocked if in a week or so you start feeling different emotions.
    Those feelings will be perfectly normal.
    Ranchette

• Jourles
    Jourles
    To end it, I said to her that I no longer wish to associate with any of my family (I am adopted) until they were no longer JW's.

That was great! Nothing like using the ol' reverse pysc on them. Usually, that is what YOUR relatives are supposed to say to you when you leave the org, physically or mentally. By saying that, you did not give her the chance to give you the same treatment back. I wonder if she was taken back by that statement thinking, "What?! That's not right! WE'RE not supposed to associate with HER!"

You will get through this. God knows I am in the same boat and am sinking fast with all of the ammunition that I have been sending out too.

Jourles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit