Denim. Jeans - what do you like about jeans?

by Crumpet 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

Ok, fuddy duddy (Terry, lol),

Ist, I want you to have a positive attitude about it, its going to take a little work. Based on your information, I would suggest trying a boot cut fit, or a slightly relaxed fit according to your measurements. The Gap, J Crew, Old Navy (least expensive), and Banana Republic are my favorite places for me and my hubby (hes a true 32/32). Most of the jeans from these places have been washed already...You can even try Sears or a department store that sells Levi's, they come all different ways now. If you were to find jeans at The Gap, it could run you $25-60, yet they have alot of sales all the time....J Crew/Banana republic, $70-128. Nowadays, they have jeans for different body types, you just have to try them on. I hope you can look at jeans in a different way, I'll be disappointed if you don't...give it a try! Have a little fun with it...personally, I like darker jeans!

Nikki

• Jourles
    Jourles

I used to wear Levi's for the longest time but then one day I got fed up with the fit and tried a pair of American Eagle's. Wow, what a difference. Great fit and the style is one that I like - esp the Carpenter's.

I think jean brands are like shoes. Certain companies fit certain body types better than others. For tennis shoes, I've always stayed with Asics. It's not that I don't like other brands, it's just that other brands don't fit my feet as well as Asics do.

I'm surprised Crumpet hasn't asked to everyone to turn this into a take a pic of your ass in your favorite pair of jeans and post it thread. She does need some ideas of which jeans to try, right?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Too hot for Florida. If you can get past the heat, then there hot.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I've worn denim jeans more than any other slacks/shorts throughout my life.

They are comfortable (once worn in), duarable, look good, last for many, many moons, wash easily, and don't need ironing.

They go well with any type of shirt, from button down whites to muscle shirts.

When the legs wear out, you can cut them off and use 'em as shorts.

As for brands, I used to like Levis as a youth, but once I hit my late teens, my leg muscles became to big for Levis,

so I switched to Wranglers, which is my brand now.

BA

• Open mind
    Open mind

Dear Ms. Crumpet:

Hate to rain on your parade but denim is...........................

Definitely not for "True Christians" tm.

I'm sure we'll have a Young People Ask article about this soon. Khakis are the only men's casual wear with Jehober's approval. As for you, young lady, just take your cue from the photos in the litter-ature and let your "quiet and mild spirit" guide you to a large, flowing, ankle-length dress. And make sure you wear it when you do yard work, too. Tee hee.

Closed Mind

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    v
    v
    v

Ok, Open Mind here.

When my wifey wears her hottest pair of denim, self-control is not a fruitage I even think about working on .

Oh, and, hope I'm not hijacking here, but how 'bout a little opinion poll?

ARE TIGHT JEANS ON A GUY "GAY"?

I say yes. Wifey says no. She's always trying to get me to wear tighter ones and we end up compromising somewhere between "Snoop Dogg baggy" and "George Michael shrink wrap".

BTW, save the "you're a homophobe" flames for another thread. I lost that hangup a long time ago. Gay is fine with me, I'm just not. .......... Gay, that is.

Crumpet: Please let me know if I'm hijacking and I'll be glad to waste my own post on this grave controversy.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I wear jeans almost exclusively, with the exception of the occasional khaki pants. My favorite pair of jeans came from a thrift store, they're an obscure brand.

As for tight jeans being gay, no, unless you are wearing a pink shirt with them-LOL

I hate that baggy look that started in the 90's, I always loved the 80's style jeans.

The JW's were always strange when it came to jeans, you could wear them, but they had to be outdated, never anything stylish.

• winnie
    winnie

What's there not to like? I have a closet full. I still have my first pair.

And the best thing is...you can always make them fit by lying down on the floor to do the zipper up when they get a tad small.

(That's as long as you don't mind a 'spare tyre' at the top of waistband!!!)

• DJK
    DJK

I'm always in jeans and in cooler weather I wear denim shirts. Reminds me of a line I heard in the movie "Home Alone". "Did you ever see a grown man wear so much blue"?

Levi's brand in slim fit, unless I wear my cowboy boots.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

This...this is ...so fine

reminds me of someone...

• talesin
    talesin

I like 'em when they are washed about a dozen times and are all soft and comfy.

Nuthin' gets between me and my Calvin's.

t

LB/DL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit