Denim. Jeans - what do you like about jeans?

by Crumpet 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Crumpet, I've always loved jeans and would have a closet full of denim, if I could afford it. The greatest thing is a good-fittin' pair of jeans is fandangtastic for those years when gravity has begun to take over the derriere area. They keep everything where it's supposed to be.

And like someone said you can wear 'em with a tee-shirt or wear 'em with lace, silk 'n satin and rhinestones.

Just think you could start a new trend in your area.

• Terry
    Terry

Well, I know I'm going to hear about it--but--I think denims are a total ripoff.

They don't fit anybody. You have to fit them. You have to either cram into them or shrink to fit using some contorted formula I can't bother with.

If you are 6'4" tall (as I am) you are expected to weigh about either 132lbs or 350lbs, or else, you won't look good in them. (I'm 215).

In 1969 a pair of Levi denims was $6.98. That's right. And, even that was over-priced.

Jeans are a fetish.

If you aren't perfect (for the denim fit) you are going to look like a balloon full of beach balls dyed blue.

I never buy em' and don't wear em'.

There are certain generational fetishes that amaze me such as playing your music too loud in your car, yakking on a cellphone while standing in line amongst strangers, going in to debt to drive a vehicle that loses 20% of its value the first 6months of ownership and wearing denims.

Just call me a grumpy old fuddy-duddy!

• Nowman
    Nowman

Yes Crumpet, it is isn't it

Its nice to have a hubby that loves to shop like I do but that can be dangerous...we love jeans!!! In fact, I am obesessed with jeans. I love this thread...lol...gets me excited...about when and where can I buy my next pair?...I let you know...

Nikki

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They make it easier to wear chaps in public without getting arrested.

http://www.mrfloridaleather2004.us/images/bike_chaps3.jpg

edited so daystar doesn't get fired cuz of me.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Terry, I am so sorry that you had this experience with jeans...there was a time when jeans did not have a variety of fit. But that is not true now. I will say this though, nobody can wear tapered jeans, big no no. This is just a fact.

In my other post, it is critical that jeans fit properly (maybe critical is wrong word ). They have different types of jeans for different types of body types, you have not seen this yet? So, you do not wear jeans? Where have you looked? Just curious. I love jeans so much that I will be your advisor! lol

Nikki

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I love jeans because they're so comfy! I like wearing them with a pair of heels or a semi-loose pair with cute sneakers. I wear jeans from The Gap & Old Navy.

• daystar
    daystar

Gods people! I am at work here! And I don't need someone walking behind me to see some guy with assless jeans on my screen.

It was hard finding jeans to fit me for a long time. I had a 29" waist and 32-34" inseam for a very long time. Try finding that size in anything but Wrangler or Lee! Forget Levi's.

But now that I've filled out a bit, 34-36" waist, same 34" inseam, it is much easier.

I lurv jeans. A woman with a nice apple bottom and tight jeans... rowr!! Speaking of Brigid...

• Terry
    Terry
    In my other post, it is critical that jeans fit properly (maybe critical is wrong word ). They have different types of jeans for different types of body types, you have not seen this yet? So, you do not wear jeans? Where have you looked? Just curious. I love jeans so much that I will be your advisor! lol

My inseam is 34. However, most people demand you wear them flopping over the shoes and touching the floor so that they shred into tendrils of fashinable detritus!

I'm slim-looking, yet, not slim. I carry an armor plating of gelatinous avoirdupois shaped like muscle which isn't muscle. I don't have thighs that swell at the top into tree trunks of oaken splendor. My shank (uh-hem, I mean my lower leg) is very long and most of my height is there. I was simply not built to adorn my physiognomy with denim.

Unless, of course, you think I should give it a try. How much will I have to spend on this terrifying experiment?

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I've always wore jeans as casual wear. I wouldn't know what else to wear.

So let's say you need to spend some time working outside, or just not being fancy. What do you wear in the lands across the pond?

• PEC
    PEC

Jeans don't have to be expensive, I bought my last pair for $10.99 (In 1969 dollars that would be about $1.96) at WalMart, they look like the one below at Macy's for $125.00.

Philip

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit