Lurking Elders Watching the Board / more info about the newbie.

by SnakesInTheTower 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

Welcome and Congratulations on your partial escape!!

Your avatar really creeps me out. I hate snakes.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome Sankes !!!

We are going to enjoy your theocratic comments on this board.

BTW, I DA'd in 2004 about 2 days or so before the local BOE would have called up a JC to investigate my opposing views and apostate leanings.

So, you might say I am DF'd.

Being called an apostate in public by some of the stronger JW's and being shunned by the weaker ones carries the same stigma.

I mean what's the difference, right?

Actually, I rather enjoy it because the public gets to see how botched in the head these megalomaniacs really are when they encounter a member of the evil slave class.

A little history is in order now:

Converted to the Watchtower's brand of chrissshhhtunity after being raised in another apocalyptic doomsday cult from hell... Herbert W. Armstrong's WorldWide Church of Satan God just after they fragmented into a thousand different pieces.

Served as a MS, groomed for bigger and better thangs in the Borg until I got caught in the wrong bed at the right time.

Working my way back to bigger and better thangs in the Borg when I found out that the JW cult was as bad if not worse than the one I had escaped from.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Wecome to the board Snake

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome to the board snakes

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Great to have you on the board. I hope we can hear more about you, your stories, and more of the details regarding your journey through the Watchtower. I'm looking forward to hearing more!

-Drew

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSimply inspiring. Snake, you said a mouthful. Welcome and keep posting as the world of the Tower continues to crumble for you.

W.Once

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Welcome aboard Snakes, I hope to hear more of your story, my family and I faded also, last meeting was about a year ago, freedom is so great!!!! This past memorial was the first one we missed since becoming a witness about 30 years ago. I feel for you, having to sit through that CRAP but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Good luck to you!

IC

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

About the snake avatar/alias. First, the snake in the tower has a double meaning. Who is the snake in the tower? The GB or me? Depends on your point of view. We KNOW there are lots of snakes in the WT and especially in the local congos. Of course, if THEY knew an active dub was on this board, then guess who they would say the snake would be?...yep,,,me. (plus they would $heet their pants right before they convened an emergency JC meeting .)

Second, Google is great. I found a nice creepy snake picture for my avatar. If it has a chilling effect, even better. However, my personality is really completely UNsnake like. I don't hide in the grass waiting to bite someone (like the elders do when they are ready to sink their fangs into your ankle to d/a or d/f you). UNlike a snake, I am completely upfront with people...which is why some of the friends love me (esp. the old timers) and why others fear me because I challenge the old boy network (my old BOE especially). If I let you know me as a person, you would find me kind but quiet. I prefered to stay in the background and help as I could. But pi$$ me off? Then I can be VERY snakelike. At least I got out of that particular congo.

bummer that I was tired and mistyped sankes instead of snakes. I wondered if it can be fixed by a mod? I did not want to sign on to a new account to fix it. Took me years just to finally lose enough paranoia not to get caught being on an APOSTATE site (ha ha) and start posting.

Someone wanted more info about the story..... a little at a time. Just say for now I cant rock the boat too much. Miss too many meetings, set off alarm bells. Surprised the lack of showing of for Door-to-door hasn't set off the alarms. Gotta give the PO and other elders in the new congo credit...they never say "where have you been?",... they always just say "good to see you:.... WHAT? not going to stick your nose in my business? What a relief. I wonder how long that will last.

Enough for now... more tidbits will come in random replies to your posts. Maybe more on a longer and newer thread later.

SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep Class)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Welcome aboard Sankes. You seem to be doing pretty well! It's great to have former elders here; you guys have the best gossip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit