Lurking Elders Watching the Board / more info about the newbie.

by SnakesInTheTower 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Snakes [or Sankes] -

Welcome - you seem like more than just a trouble-making elder to me. You clearly have it figured out. Well wishes, and hope you stick around here. I was a dub from '60 till '04 - left after I read Franz' books. The UN deal really steamed my kettle too.

Welcome

Jeff

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Thanks for following up on some of the questions I had on the other thread. Being a newbie poster on this board prompts us to want to know a little bit more about you. Of course, your privacy and concealment is top priority and your right. We all know how the JW world can bite back like a deadly snake in terms of shunning.

Keep posting. Inquiring minds want to know.

Welcome to JWD.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the "dog and pony show" (I mean CO visit).

I love that saying. Thanks for sharing your story.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome to you SITT! Give 'em hell!

Nvrgnbk

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Welcome Sankes,

I stay "in" only because of my mom. I dont think she would shun me, but with dubs, ya never know.

My sentiments exactly except my Mom passed away last Thursday, although she did say, "if you're not in the 'truth' you're no son of mine.

My close friends..who knows, as long as I am only faded and not d/a or d/f...maybe they will talk to me. If not, then what kind of friends are they? (oh yeah....the Borg-infested kind)
    Where I have stayed away from the book study (how many times must we eat the same regurgitated BS in the Revelation book? talk about dog returning to its vomit?..

I personally can't imagine sitting thru that stuff.

Skeptic1914

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome cold blooded Snake!

(From this cold blooded insect)

Skeeter

• zack
    zack

Welcome. I was a pioneer and elder myself up to a few months ago. I am glad that I was because it enabled me to see things that the average dub is not exposed to. You get to see

the sausage being made. I am still in but fading fast. Haven't been to ANY book study since the Revelation Book began to be studied again.

One of my friends, a little older than I, whispered in my ear the other day: We love you no matter what you believe. So, there is hope for others but the mind fog is a powerful thing.

Good luck.

• Panda
    Panda

Welcome Sankes. My husband was an elder and removed himself before THEY removed him. Very shoddy treatment, but heck that's typical.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Mind fog is a good way to explain life in general for anyone taking up the burden of JW faith. It sticks to you like a leach and sucks on many a situation you find yourself in. Having left one congregation, it raises questions about the whole organisation no doubt? Since they consider themselves 'at one' , an essence I sought and tried to be part of but never found, even in my own wife, it begs the question whether in reality they are what they're all sitting down studying to be? I'd love to say I saw it but I didn't! Even at Conventions a theme of discipline and mistrust always cut through the atmosphere. It beats up your heart and makes you into a lesser, weaker person than you were before with some sad consequences in many a case. One guy I knew who knew he was dying but had never got baptised spoke of how he felt hurt that such lovely people got spoken down to via the material they constantly studied and was preached - never allowing trust to feature long enough before more discipline was being preached. I knew what he meant and I'd put my soul into something which would take it away from me - along with my family ultimately, much less enrich me as a human being. It sounded so right but leaves me with a complete regret!

I wonder how you continue to explain to yourself your position in a united faith which isn't united in the hearts of it's followers and how you'll find anything you can believe in to the extent of a faith which demands absolute conviction? You're headed for strange territory cowboy and I hope you find a happy meaningful era for the next part of your life that you've been a prisoner from. You may find you've already been institutionalised!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

R. Crusoe:

That was an awesome post.

OP: Welcome aboard. I hope that you can get moved so we can get that whole, uncensored true story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit