Lurking Elders Watching the Board / more info about the newbie.

by SnakesInTheTower 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

To answer Alligator Wisdom's request for more info on myself...it will have to come out in trickles. I am a prolific writer if I allow myself. For now, I will tell you that until recently I was an elder. I was removed for "Being UNREASONABLE".... the almight catch-all when a BOE wants to get rid of a trouble maker elder. I was going to step aside, and had done it verbally, but then told them...if they wanted me gone, they had to do their own dirty work when the CO got there. I was raised in the Truthâ„¢ most of my life. Also served as a RP for a few years. I have had other extended privleges the avg. dub does not get, but to tell those would allow the lurkers to narrow it down. I got in trouble because I cannot stand to see the average dub get screwed over by power hungry elders. I made some of them look bad (not purposefully) because I actually took the time to shepherd because I really care about people, not just do gestapo visits (I mean "Encouragement") during the "dog and pony show" (I mean CO visit). Maybe one day I can tell you the whole story. I stay "in" only because of my mom who lives out of state and a few friends who I am close to. I don't know where mom's loyalties are. I dont think she would shun me, but with dubs, ya never know. I hope to move out of state this year and that will basically solve that. Myclose friends..who knows, as long as I am only faded and not d/a or d/f...maybe they will talt to me. If not, then what kind of friends are they? (oh yeah....the Borg-infested kind...sorry..brain fart there) After being removed, I switched congs. where I have stayed away from the book study (how many times must we eat the same regurgitated BS in the Revelation book? talk about dog returning to its vomit?..but that is a peeve for yet another thread), but I still go to Sunday and occasional TMS/SM. Any feedback is welcome....I can take it, I'm a big boy now (read, able to think separate from the Borg). Enough for now...going back to lurking...but will probably start posting now... :) SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep class)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Sorry about the lack of spacing in paragraphs. Hard to read I know. Apparently Netscape does not allow formatting or I am just not getting it. I will have to try posting in IE. SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep class)

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    during the "dog and pony show" (I mean CO visit).

This made me laugh, I remember our elders would always wear at least a new tie when the CO showed up, and I remember one elder actually was so nervous he would be sweating.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Welcome to JWD....I can tell I'm going to like your style of writing. Looking forward to hearing more from you.................Journey-on

• daystar
    daystar

SankesInTheTower. Good, original handle. One question though. Was SnakesInTheTower already taken? *looking* No, it isn't.

Sorry you mistyped "snakes". Or... did you?

• uninformed
    uninformed

Hello and welcome Snakes.

I enjoyed your opening post on this thread and can identify with you. I was an elder for over 30 years. I resigned 5 years before leaving in 2005. I left emotionally in the 90's when all the neutrality, generation and blood changes were happening. I left physically in June 2005 immediately after our district assy in Kansas City where "Elvis-the hair" Loesch gave the final talk and prayer. It was all I could do not to scream when he said in his closing prayer that "we pledge allegience to God's earthly organization".

No More for me or my wife or three out of four of our children.

However 11 months later after a lot of correspondence to the WT and one dinkle-berry brained response, (no answers to my questions mind you) the elders came over and disfellowshipped us, can you imagine for apostasy. They joined the UN, I didn't like it, so that made me and my family apostates.

Good enough.

You are in good company.

Brant Jones

• tweety
    tweety

Snakes: Saw where you posted on another thread and was watching for your story. Glad your here and a Big Welcome!

Tweety

• Open mind
    Open mind

WELCOME!!!! WELCOME!!!! WELCOME!!!!

And.............. Sankes you very much for posting.

Sorry, puns are my achilles heel.

Open Mind

• loosie
    loosie

Welcome aboard Snakes

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Snakes.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest