YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• helncon
    helncon

Hi Co Co,

My day started well and then it has dawned on me that i have so much catching up to do, as i have been away from home for 5 weeks leaving hubby and daughter at home i have a lot of cleaning up to do and a mountain of bookwork to catch up on (we have our own business).

Today is my mums birthday and i gave her a ring not to say happy birthday but just to say hi and how are things, but i wanted so much to say it.

The reflection that it will be my birthday tomorrow and all that i promised to do before i turned 30 has not come about so this being my 31st birthday i already had put things in their places and now working on a new me and i am slowly getting there.

So co co life is well and i hope everyone is having a great day if not chin up there is tomorrow!

Helen

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome back, Helncon...........

It's good hearing from you and we're glad you're back. Don't be too worried about catching up, if it's even possible. You'll get back into the flow of your day-to-day life. And, once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love,

CoCo

A good day to all and be careful out there. I'm having BBQ with my "new family" this afternoon.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi everyone!

happy birthday Helncon, I hope you have a great time whatever you do :-)

CoCo, I also indulged in food shopping where I don't usually go yesterday - it's an annual thing, my brother gives me a Marks & Spencer voucher for Christmas each year and I keep it until when I feel the need to treat myself to some very nice food. I managed to buy three ready-to-cook meals and have just enjoyed salmon fillet in watercress sauce for my lunch - a very rare meal for me, I can't even afford the tinned stuff never mind fillet!

Enjoy your BBQ - I hope the weather is better than it is here. Rain on public holidays has become almost a guaranteed occurence in the UK!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Happy end o' holiday for those in holiday mode and everyone else, too, for that matter!

Yes, Emo, it is a treat to shop, on occasion, in the fancier markets and purchase the classier fare. Hope you enjoyed your salmon. I'm totally happy with the canned [tinned] pink and enjoy it cold in my salads. My real treat was chips and salsa. I realize it's so ordinary, yet it's about a $7.00 purchase. That converts to 40 miles of travel in my auto. Ordinarily I go to the discount foods, where most - not all items - are way below normal retail. We make do, to be sure.

The BBQ went swimmingly and I got on well with my "new" friends. Talked about everything but religion - what a different world it is out there. I no longer feel the need to be struck by lightning.

Thanks again for your ever-enjoyable posts.

CoCo

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hi CoCo - So glad to hear you had a good time at the bbq. Isn't it great to get together with people and not *have* to talk about religion??

I have my one week eye checkup today. My brother is taking me, it's over an hours drive and I don't think my eyes are ready for that just yet - too much strain on those congested highways! I'm hoping it will be just the two of us. We so very rarely get a chance to visit and talk without spouses/kids around.

Yesterday I was at the dentist again. I had two fillings replaced. They were originally done when I was about 10/12 I think, so they were way past being replaced! Thankfully they were both on the same side, but of course one has to be on the top and one on the bottom! So the whole side of my face was frozen! He told me to rinse my mouth out with warm water to help bring out the freezing. Have you ever tried to sip water out of a cup with your mouth frozen???? Or after you do get it in there - spit it out??? Now I know where they got the idea for a "dribble cup"! lol Thankfully I was alone and nobody could laugh at me! lol

Have a good one everybody! Sunny skies here today!

BB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

I hope all have had a good and productive day. Thank you, Mrs. Bee, for info on your eye and dentist appointments. Think you'd better invest in some more dribble cups for future use. Can't be too prepared. And what news about your brother! Hope to hear more soon.

A good evening to all on JWD!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good morning all

Well I'm back at work today after 3 days holiday! Ok I was in work yesterday pottering around - catching up on some admin work and having a really good tidy-up in my stock-room (which we affectionately call 'the cave' - it's a cellar with no windows), but it's not the same as being open and having to deal with the public, I still had my own space and could come and go as I wished.

This week, I'll be revising for my exams which are next week. They will be essay type questions and there's a very clear pattern in past exam papers of what the questions are likely to be, so I've decided to revise one topic per night and see if I can produce an essay answer without looking at my notes. At the moment I feel fairly confident (it can't be any worse than having to fudge through my essay submissions the last 3 weeks lol!). This semester has been a disaster for me because of health and computer problems, if I just scrape through, I'll be more than happy.

'Good enough' is a good attitude to have. It destroys any element of condemnation from yourself or others.

It's started out sunny here today but it's getting cloudy and humid now, I think we might get rain later.

Have a great day all - wherever you are and whatever you do :-)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Sad Emo - Isn't work a whole different place when you are not open to the public and are in there alone? I often go in 2 hours early when it's quiet and I'm alone when I need to catch up on things. It's amazing what I can accomplish in those two hours. Good idea you have for your studying!! All the best for you!

Well, yesterday was an interesting day to say the least! Had a nice little "chat" with my brother - http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/135217/1.ashx

And as for my eye appt - good news and sorta good news. My right eye is already 20/20! . My left eye is not quite there yet 20/40 - which is still a vast improvement over what it was!! The Dr said to give it time, it's still early yet, everything looks good as far as the healing goes etc, it might improve, and if not I can have additinal surgery if I want, just have to wait the whole three months before I make any decisions. Still - I'm happy with my decision to have it done!

As for today - it's going to be a hot and humid one! I'm going to cut the grass before it gets too hot, putter around the gardens a bit, then retreat indoors!

Have a good one everybody!

BB

• juni
    juni

Hi guys/gals!! I missed Helncon's b/day. I don't remember seeing a thread......

Happy Belated Birthday Helen!!

Today I take one doggie to the groomers and then I'm visiting my one granddaughter who is 4. So we will play board games and UNO card game and who knows what else.

It's hot and humid also BB here in Wisconsin. Perhaps we will get some rain today which we sorely need. Sounds like you had a good report from the Dr. yesterday. Just have to be patient w/that left eye. Sometimes it takes awhile. Ugh! Dentists. I have to go in and have 3 teeth pulled for a bridge. I don't fear the dentist; just the bill!!

Love to all and have an enjoyable day!

Juni

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Ones,

Love your stories; however did the mundane become such a good read?

Many thanks to all of you!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit