• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Sorry for not sourcing that news item:

From The Times
    April 24, 2007
    Save world one square at a time -- and annoy Bush’s brain
    Sheryl Crow
    Tim Reid in Washington

The singer Sheryl Crow opened a new front in the fight on global warming yesterday with a call for people to use only one sheet of toilet paper after each visit.

Her demand for a ban on excessive paper use came after a heated exchange with Karl Rove, President Bush’s chief political adviser, at a dinner in Washington on Saturday. When Crow approached him to demand that he take global warming more seriously, she placed her hand on his arm. According to Crow, Mr Rove immediately spat: "Don’t touch me!"

The singer has just toured the US on a biodiesel-powered bus to raise awareness about climate change, and made the paper use suggestion on her daily blog.

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don’t want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required."

Crow also said on her web-site that paper napkins "represent the height of wastefulness". She has designed a clothing line with what she calls a "dining sleeve".

It is detachable and can be replaced with another sleeve after the diner has wiped his mouth. "This idea could also translate quite well to those suffering with an annoying head cold," she writes, but she does not prescribe how many wipes per nostril. Ms Crow’s latest contribution to the global warming debate came as her run-in with Mr Rove was the talk of Washington yesterday.

Ms Crow and Laurie David, a big Democratic donor and producer of An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore’s Oscar-winning documentary on global warming, approached Rove at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner to urge him to take a "fresh look" at global warming. Rove reacted angrily, they said. "I am floored by what I just experienced with Karl Rove," Ms David said. "I’ve never had anyone be so rude." He had behaved like "a spoiled child throwing a tantrum", she said.

Mr Rove said of Ms David: "She came over to insult me and she succeeded."

The White House described their behaviour as "Hollywood histrionics."

Fats

• msjessiemeghan
    msjessiemeghan

"The White House described their behaviour as "Hollywood histrionics.""

That comment seems sexist to me. I just hate the word "hysteric" used to describe opinionated and/or passionate women. grr... I disagree with the 1-square rule though. If someone tried to make me use just one square, you bet your ass I would sit on their face after pooping. Also...if sisters guarded the paper towels in the wash room...watch out!!!! ninja moves.

• elliej
    elliej

Perhaps, due to her celebrity, she is supplied with luxury, superabsorbant squares and she just doesn't know how the rest of us live?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I think that all the sane people left in America should barricade themselves in their bedrooms and pray that they are invaded by Venezuela so that life can return to normal.

HS

• elliej
    elliej
    think that all the sane people left in America should barricade themselves in their bedrooms and pray that they are invaded by Venezuela so that life can return to normal.

Do they allow more than one square in Venezuela?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    We already cant get colored TP anymore to save the enviroment

Many women's bottoms couldn't take the perfumes and dyes in colored TP, including me! Talk about a rash from hell!

• PEC
    PEC

When I was about 5 years old, I aunt told me that you should never need more than 5 sheets of TP. I tried it didn't work and I disregarded those instructions. I will use what is required to get the job done, how much I use is nobodys business.

Philip

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gosh, I bet she smells like pee. I hope she foregoes the mini skirts and hot pants. I can't imagine her hygiene is very good. Maybe she's like my paranoid sister who takes a squeeze bottle of water mixed with liquid soap in it everywhere she goes. I kinda doubt it though. Sheryl does look like the kind of gal who doesn't mind being a bit musky or gamey. Ewwww. I shudder to think.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think that all the sane people left in America should barricade themselves in their bedrooms and pray that they are invaded by Venezuela so that life can return to normal.

HS

How about we sane Americans invade Crow's bedroom and leave her a few hundred 12 packs of Scott tissue?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Flying,

How about we sane Americans invade Crow's bedroom and leave her a few hundred 12 packs of Scott tissue?

Perhaps a better idea would be to lock Crow and Rove in a bedroom and only allow them out when Rove could prove that he was pregnant.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit