Please, sisters -- one sheet only.

by Fatfreek 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

A newssource today quotes singer Sheryl Crow, an anti-global warming (which I applaud) activist, "I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don’t want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required."

Not being a woman I don't know about that -- I have my doubts.

I also seem to recall postings here have recounted how the WT suggests the same thing to sisters when they visit rest rooms at assemblies. Or did I dream that?

Fats

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Was she serious?

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

My dumb roommate in the past suggested that!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I remember being asked to use only one square of paper towels to dry your hands with...and then they even had sisters ''guarding'' the papertowel dispensers handing out ONE SHEET per person....guess they didnt trust the sisters to follow their ''direction''.

edited to add:

ONE square?? ..even with the ''expensive'' brands of toilet paper...3 squares is often the minimum amount required to be sanitary.IMHO.

public restroom toilet paper??? one ssquare? you cant even wipe up a droplet of water with that!! it's the same thickness as tissue paper...

• msjessiemeghan
    msjessiemeghan

Crow can come and wipe my ass. 1 square? Impossible. Now maybe 10 for #1 and 20 for #2...especially after I have had my morning coffee...

• elliej
    elliej

She's obviously not taking into consideration the inevetible, enormous spike in water and soap consumption that will result from this "one square" idea. I'm pretty sure it would be more than enough to negate any good the conservation of toilet paper would do for the environment.

• horrible life
    horrible life

LOL at elliej So true!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

We already cant get colored TP anymore to save the enviroment

• journey-on
    journey-on

Are you pulling our leg? If not, THAT'S JUST TAKING THINGS TOO FAR.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Maybe the GB should recruit her for bathroom detail at the assemblies.

One square ain't gonna cut it under any circumstances unless that's one square paper towel shes referring to

r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit