If we are "free". Why are we still debating?

by tapout1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Brigid
    Brigid

There are a thousand different reasons why each one of us is here. I think little of it has to do with "giving energy to the WTBS", however, it is inevitable that we speak about it (some disrespectfully, some apologetically, some caustically, others neutrally) because we are all bonded by this experience, this thing...that no one else on the planet can quite understand. So, we come here. We talk, we laugh, we argue, we fall in love, make friends, enemies. We function socially as a forum.

I keep coming back to lend my still small voice in the dark when I know someone scared and broken and in despair has just left or is lurking about thinking about leaving is listening to let them know "you are not alone...we are here"

And I will never be shut up or censored again by the wtbs

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings tapout1,

Why is it that a lot of us call ourselves "free" when in fact we keep debating, putting down, hating, examining, analizing everything the WTS does, did and will do? Isn't this a waste of energy?

Are you aware of how many times that question (or versions thereof) has been asked on this forum? Do some research, and you'll find your answer. It would be great, if we had the ability to dissipate, like a smelly fart, the machinations, watchtower burdened us with. But for many, it has not been that easy.

Dismembered

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It is taking me longer than I thought to let it go, maybe because it's worse than I was expecting to lose my religion and my family and friends at the same time. I've found it quite traumatic so I'm here to talk it through. I've found that it fades in time, but it doesn't really entirely go away for most people, so it's healthy to talk about it when we feel the need.

The people here who stay long-term tend to be those who are not in a position to leave the JW influence behind them; eg, spouses, faders, kids... I think it's great that there's this once place they're safe to freely talk about what bothers them while they're stuck in this situation.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Cause it's fun as hell?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I cant change my past or my childhood, but I can help prevent others from joining this cult, that is why I post here.

It is also free advertising against the WT Society, and hopefully this board will be around for a very long time.

I want people to never get mixed up with this cult, and i will do everything legally in my power to achieve this.

I despise this cult, and make no apologies for it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm NOT free. I'm joined at the hip. Kind of ironic considering I'd never join, isn't it? Call it a marriage made in "heaven".

Besides, I like helping people.

• BFD
    BFD
    Clam-

Imagine a world without JWD or indeed the internet.

How many people would still be in the Watchtower cult? How many people would be broken and alone? How many people wouldn't know the "real truth"?

Me, for one I was df'd in 1976 and thought the JWs had the "truth" for over 30 years until I found JWD. I always felt broken and alone, it's a wonder I never killed myself. I was already dead inside and now I come here to heal. Thanks for your post Tapout and thank you JWD!

BFD

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Why is it that a lot of us call ourselves "free" when in fact we keep debating, putting down, hating, examining, analizing everything the WTS does, did and will do? Isn't this a waste of energy? Isn't this exactly enslaving?

I am free. I can't say I am a debater or that I put the WTS/JWs down or any of the other things you say.

I will admiit that some people do this. And that they seem stuck. But recovery from living in a cult takes time. And a lot of processing of what happened to us and why. We seek understanding. If we can come to terms with the how and why we can hopefully make sure we don't fall into a similar trap elsewhere

I am here still here for several reasons:

• To help others
    • and to get some support when I need it
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    If we are "free". Why are we still debating?

We are debating because we are free.

We could not if we weren't, no?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Life is a waste of time and energy, so what if we waste some here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit