If we are "free". Why are we still debating?

by tapout1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• tapout1
    tapout1

This question is for all of us who were ever associated with the WTS. Baptized, ministerial servants, elders, pioneers, etc, etc. Why is it that a lot of us call ourselves "free" when in fact we keep debating, putting down, hating, examining, analizing everything the WTS does, did and will do? Isn't this a waste of energy? Isn't this exactly enslaving? Instead of letting go we keep going and going, round and round we go... Some members here have done this for years, with thousands of posts. Is the WTS worth all this energy from everybody? Instead of being behind us, it's pretty much inside us just in a different way. Opinions...

• Xena
    Xena

We don't just discuss WT things. We debate lots of stuff from A to W uumm Z. We also are here to support other people who are going thru some of the things we have and to get support when we need it.

Oh and sometimes we are just bored at work.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

We are free to debate. That's a freedom we didn't have in the cult. Enjoy it!

W

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm on JWD because I want to help others work through the psychological pain this org causes. Our experiences can be useful to others who need to vent to someone that's been there and done that and will understand what issues they are trying to deal with. Not everyone can afford $200 an hour for professional therapy, and sometimes "kitchen" psychology works as good or better imho.

Plus, after a few posts you develope "friendships" and it's nice to continue those on a forum like this. You find all kinds of interesting people with interesting ways of looking at things and you begin to see how the WTS skewed our personalities and affected our lives.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi tapout1,

Good question.I have been free for over forty years and didn't give the jdubs much of a thought in all that time,unless they came knocking on my door that is ,and then I let them have the real truth.Don't think I had a lot of success with them but you never can tell what thoughts came into their minds at a later stage.

I will tell you why I post on here.It's because when I left the witlesses all I had to help me were three books one being, "Thirty Years A Slave Of The Watchtower," and a book by the same ex witness called" Into The Light Of Christianity," the other was a book on the trinity by James Barclay.Now when the internet came along everything was transformed and the information available about the jdubs was so massive ( we are talking search lights) and if any small input that I can give helps someone, then great.

Best Wishes,

Edmond.

• undercover
    undercover
    We are free to debate. That's a freedom we didn't have in the cult.

Can you imagine going out in service and debating the theories as to why the May 1st WT QFR article has backtracked on the 1935 date? What about sitting around during the convention lunch break and observing that the generation of 1914 is gone and how interesting it is that the WTS changed that teaching about the same time people started to realize that that the generation was going to die off of instead of seeing Armageddon?

Now we're free to question, debate, disagree and call to task the things that the WTS has done in the (incorrect) name of God.

I personally like to keep up with the news coming out of the WT world here because I've found that I can find things out faster here than my JW relatives find out at the hall. And since I still live with JWs and associate with JW family, I like to stay informed so I can speak intelligently with them when some subjects come up.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

1)- because debating is free

2)- because to debate as a JW was not permitted, punishable by DFing.

BA

• ferret
    ferret

This is a social club.

• ninja
    ninja

because we can.....woo hoo

• Clam
    Clam

Imagine a world without JWD or indeed the internet.

How many people would still be in the Watchtower cult? How many people would be broken and alone? How many people wouldn't know the "real truth"?

Wouldn't the WTS just love it if JWD didn't exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit