If we are "free". Why are we still debating?

by tapout1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

tap,

I think your definition of freedom, must be pretty narrow, if you limit it to not debating things WT related. Why limit freedom to such narrow confines?

Freedom from indoctrination, comes in realizations, that tend not to happen all at once, but gradually. Think of all the years one has been indoctrinated some of us for several decades, how long do you think it would take become unindoctrinated?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Instead of letting go we keep going and going, round and round we go... Some members here have done this for years,
    with thousands of posts. Is the WTS worth all this energy from everybody?

You have a valid viewpoint. I hope to be going thru a phase that I need right now, but will tire of eventually.
    I hope to taper off from the forum, and check back every few months or so. That's still future.

• 5go
    5go

This is a social club.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Some of us aren't completely free. I'm mentally out, but I enjoy the encouragement and support of many on this board. Without this board, I would still be sort of lost.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I just want to shoot the bull a little. Im rather homely so on the web where no one can see me makes it easier. I am also a member of a oscar (fish) forum.

Plus I rarely talk about the JW stuff. When I do it is to try and help someone.

I've made a few what I consider good friends here. So to all you out there.... SUP!!??

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I also enjoy the politics and religion discussions here.

• daystar
    daystar

tapout1

It's part of the process.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

No waste of time beats debating about the WT... except, perhaps, debating about debating about the WT...

• Gregor
    Gregor

No it isn't a waste of energy. For many, it stimulates and creates energy. If you only knew how many times your question has been asked of this forum! If you scan over some old threads you will find several with dozens of replies. Anyway, I see this was only your 11th post. Welcome! How long have you been lurking?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

cool name tapout

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit