How many remember the 1969 8 day convention?

by seek2find 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hortensia,

I was going to say I remembered the masturbation talks, but thought it was in my imagination!.....apparently not.

There was one sentence I can still recall. That masturbation would ruin any prospects for marriage.....

How funny.

r.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, you remember it all right. Isn't it all so Victorian?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Unbelievable,

.....I remember loud shouting throughout that talk....apparently there must have been problems...either with the speaker himself or at head quarters!

r.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Hey minumus ,I was at Yankee Stadium too! I was 12 years old. I had 2 relatives baptized at that convention.I'd rather see a Yankee game. : (

• Axeman
    Axeman

Melbourne Australia 21 years old What stuck in my mind was being told that Knorr and his crew were staying and eating at one of the most expensive motels in town. Would not have meant anything to me if it were not for the constant boast of the society that everyone at Bethel was treated the same and only got paid a few dollars ( forgot how many) per month Knorr included. Getting the same allowance means nothing when you have such a generous expense account

• Champion
    Champion

I was at Yankee also. I was 10 my dad was in charge of something I think the food. That was our vacation LOL!!!!Some vacation. We lived on Long Island so we drove back and forth everyday....

• horrible life
    horrible life

Hey,Cog, Open, Justitia, Sphere, and Outlaw, Vancover, BC.

I was there too!! Don't remember a park. I was 9. Don't remember it being 8 days. I knew it was an international assembly. And it did last a long time. We stayed in a Bed and Breakfast. No TV. We must not have gone the full 8 days. I remember listening to the moon landing, sitting in the car, in front of the B&B.

Boring!!!!! Big Deal!!! Man on the Moon. Duh. I had more important things I wanted to do. Dad said I would always remember where I was when they landed, and took the first steps on the moon. I do.

Now, I would be glued to the TV. LOL

• new boy
    new boy

It was in L.A. at "Dodger Statium".......IT was "The Divine Enderance" convention......that was the name of "ALL" of the conventions that the JWs ever had.

I was 20 years old.

P.S. The very first drama was in 1967..........." The Ciy of Refuge" drama......that was at "The Divine Enderance" convention too.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    I also remember that on the first day of the assembly a "sister" was killed (I think crossing a nearby amusement park).

yes I remember hearing this. I thought it was a rumor, did it really happen? I heard she was late and cut across the roller coaster tracks to save time.

• watson
    watson

Rosebowl 1963, Dodger Stadium 1969.

The blinking heart and brain was the international convention in 1971.

Child actor here....played a couple of leading roles in the early dramas. Seems like only yesterday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit