Has the WTS ever made a prediction that came true?

by Leander 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Leander
    Leander

This morning a thought occured to me "Has the Society ever made a prediction or prophecy that has come true"?

Most of us are familiar with the prophecies or dates the WTS has emphasized in the past. Of course all of those predictions never proved to be accurate so the question is, "If this is God's prophetic organization where is the proof"?

A prophet is a person who by divine inspiration fortells events that are to take place in future. I could be wrong but I can't remember the Society ever making a prediction that was accurate.

Can someone else comment on this? Maybe I've overlooked something.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

has the society ever claimed to "predict"?.................

• ISP
    ISP

The record is miserable.......many attempts but no sucesses!

ISP

• Leander
    Leander

They have never said these words are from God, but on numerous occasions they have claimed to be Gods prophetic organization.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

ISP

Their record is worse than the CUBS.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

"On the final day of the assembly, Brother Knorr delivered the discourse "Peace-Can It Last?" In it he set out powerful evidence from Revelation 17:8 that World War II, which was then raging, would not lead into Armageddon, as some thought, but that the war would end and a period of peace would set in." (Proclaimers, p. 93)

I think he was quite right on that one. ;-)

German JW

• dubla
    dubla

nytel-

has the society ever claimed to "predict"?.................

absolutely. would you like me to start giving specific examples on this thread, or shall we start a new one?

aa

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

go ahead........just dont mix up total misunderstanding
    of the scripture with predicting out of the blue.

and dont limit the term "prophet" with someone who only
    fortells future events.

• Amazing
    Amazing

They have not been correct on any predictions or prophetic interpretations that I am aware of. They may have have successfully predicted a large preaching campaign and growth for their organization. But, that is not much of an accomplishment. - Amazing

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

[quote]They may have have successfully predicted a large preaching campaign and growth for their organization. But, that is not much of an accomplishment. /[quote]

its not a prediction if it is found in the bible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit