ANYTHING EXCITING EVER HAPPEN AT YOUR KINGDOM HALL?

by anewme 99 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Did anything exciting or alarming ever happen at your hall?
    I remember only funny incidents, like one brother getting up there with his zipper down. (I knew alot of brothers after that felt no shame to actually check down there before going up on the podium!)

Cant remember any violence or outbursts or anybody keeling over or drunk at my old hall.

But how about you?

Got any exciting tales to share?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

No, pretty much just same old boring meeting week after week.

nj

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Re: ANYTHING EXCITING EVER HAPPEN AT YOUR KINGDOM HALL?

At a neighboring KH not far from here, a womans husband came into the hall and shot her with a hand gun. He was pissed she was going to meetings. I'd say he was excited, along with anyone else who happened to be there that day.

Dismembered

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

We had a guy (full grown man) openly weeping when his privledges were taken away.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

The most alarming thing I ever remember was one night during the meeting a sister jumped up with her toddler son screaming, "HE'S CHOKING ... HE'S CHOKING!!!"

She picked him up and ran towards the coat room screaming for someone to help the whole time ... three or four brothers jumped up and went running after her to help the young boy.

Needless to say, that pretty much brought the entire meeting to a screaching halt as everyone sat there straring at the open door waiting for someone to come back in and tell us if the boy was ok. (he was)

• anewme
    anewme

Yah, for 35 years it was all pretty boring at our hall too. Just the occasional impaired person calling out something unintelligible from the back row. Or the time the elderly Bible Study from a resthome crapped her pants during the Watchtower Study and I was enlisted to help her. (I guess with my husband in a wheelchair I was supposed to be the adult crap accident expert---jeesh!)

Before we got air conditioning we always had the doors and windows opened during the hot days of summer.
    So we enjoyed one Sunday meeting with a huge BUMBLE BEE buzzing around through the brothers and sisters and causing quite a stir!

• rowan
    rowan

I must have been 9 or 10 yo when this happened.

we were sitting on the front row, of the main body of chairs. apart from that, the platform had rows on the left and right of it. during the final prayer a new girl in the front row of the chairs on the right of platform had... I don't know what she had. Now I think it might have been some kind of seizure, or she was acting out, or had some kind of psychiatric condition I don't understand. but even today, I seriously wonder if it was not a true demonic attack, or whatever. she did look possesed. her eyes were bulging out in an impossible way, her voice changed and started yelling nonsense. It was scary. I couldn't sleep well for nights.

the prayer went on as she was scorted out of the hall.

• anewme
    anewme

Our lights went out once during a storm on a Tuesday night!
    We actually finished the meeting with flashlights!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I remember a Hall being remodeled.

The commitee to redesign and update the look was all excited about the wonderful way the Hall would look when it was completed.

For months, all we heard about was how beautiful it was going to be.

All waiting with bated breath for the "grand re-opening" of the KH.

When we saw the end result, the carpet was the first thing that stood out like a sore thumb.

It was very loud and graphic, and looked similar to this:

BA- Seriously- ROTFLMAO!!

• babe12481
    babe12481

no, I'm not baptized yet, and I'm always babysitting, so i don't ever get to go with my gramma to the kingdom hall, but I'm sure my grandmother or my bible teacher has some really exiting and/or funny stories. I'm new to this site, so if anyone wants to talk, I'll be here! =)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit