GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

You know I was just thinking,,,if some of you were at Brooklyn Bethel in 1990,91,92,93,94,You may be on my videos, It shows all of the slaves walking past us daring not to cast their eyes on us evil slaves... One of them shows me trying to hug one LOL He didnt faint.... Also show us yelling through the Bull Horn of our LOVE for them.... Oh what fun we had....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It would be nice to see some further corroboration of this piece of news

• dawg
    dawg

I see you all's point about how you hold the higer ups a little more responseable, yet, I don't think it should stop there... my dad won't talk to me right now becasue I wrote a letter to him explaining that he's runined our relationship protecting men... I gave examples that proves these guys are nothing more than men and he won't talk. You know the run down, building mansions for returning prophets and the like. Hell, he makes me just as mad as the GB members do! He knows better than their crap; I say piss on all of them.

• tan
    tan

Help...so he died in 1986?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, on the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, I imagine some know it, and the rest should be so busy
    learning it. They get to sit in the ivory tower, skipping their turn at washing dishes and scrubbing toilets...

I had the opportunity to ask Ray Franz the question (this is the gist of the conversation, it has been 24 yrs ago)..

"Are the GB all cynical hypocrits or are they simply dilusional. Well meaning but misguided?" He answered without hesitation, " most are the latter but, unfortunately, the real leaders are the former"

• uninformed
    uninformed

Gregor good post.

I had the opportunity to ask Ray Franz the question (this is the gist of the conversation, it has been 24 yrs ago)..

"Are the GB all cynical hypocrits or are they simply dilusional. Well meaning but misguided?" He answered without hesitation, " most are the latter but, unfortunately, the real leaders are the former"

U

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

And here I thought the late Anna Nicole Smith's husband had already died. Ooops.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

If you claim your decisions are guided by holy spirit, but feel nothing, barely study, and most times see your past decisions were wrong - don't you know in your heart that 'god' is not using you? Aren't you the most reprehensible for continuing to convince people that you are special and being used by god? Does anyone grieve for Jim Jones and claim he was just misled?

• uninformed
    uninformed

mjarka

Really good point.

If you claim your decisions are guided by holy spirit, but feel nothing, barely study, and most times see your past decisions were wrong - don't you know in your heart that 'god' is not using you? Aren't you the most reprehensible for continuing to convince people that you are special and being used by god? Does anyone grieve for Jim Jones and claim he was just misled?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Dawg, you can hold individuals responsible for their own actions or desire to remain ignorant.
    I do not fault you for that. The evidence is there that they should not shun their own family but
    they are choosing ignorance, blindly turning away from evidence.

I have not had to face that yet, so I may be a bit more forgiving. I assume people are trapped in
    the same concepts that I was trapped in. They may wake up one day, so I can try to understand.

Any GB members who have been there for more than a decade- they have enough accountability
    for blindly turning away from the evidence. It's their only job to make sure of the truth and guide the
    flock.

I am somewhat bitter at the GB. I imagine that if my wife spies on me for the elders or my mother
    follows instructions to shun me, I will put more blame on some rank and file members for deliberately
    ignoring the evidence. Still, I will welcome them back to reality when they finally become AWOKE.
    I would also welcome a GB member if he AWOKE.

Mouthy,

PICKET Brooklyn Bethel. I did it for years.....Show em we have a FREEDom to say what we want. _

I would love to join the picket lines, but I choose to try to have normal relations with my Chicken Little Cult
    members in the family. So I have a choice- continue my quiet bitterness, venting here on JWD, OR chuck
    it all and say anything I like. I may yet switch sides, but I really enjoy normal relations with family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit