GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Does anyone grieve for Jim Jones and claim he was just misled? I dont grieve for Jones but I do think he started off in his road to life wanting to serve God. Just as many folks do. But I think when they receive the adoration, & power, they trust in themselves & enjoy being worshipped. If you really examined most of these men ( or women) that do have followers you will find out they did some very good things in the beginning...Think of it. I dont think I could have done what Russell did, walked out on a very prosperous buisness. to lead people to a moral life..( he thought)... But power got a lovely smell for him & all the followers, I know me personally when I was a JW & believing it ALL ( except 1914) felt very superiour when talking to all friends & family & folks at the door that I KNEW MORE than them.... Now at nearly 80 I realise I know very little about GOD!! the Bible,,,the knowledge I have is not in accord with the garbage I taught...But I do believe in GOD & hope I am an honest soul now ,at least I try.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

I think your admiration is misplaced. Russell didn't "walk out" of his prosperous life to lead people to moral beleifs. Mother Theresa doesn't predicate absolute obedience in order to receive her generosity. Russell wanted a group who thought like he did. Whether or not he beleived he was right doesn't earn him my admiration. Leave your business and join doctors without borders, amnesty international, or any other non-demoninational help group - then you've earned my respect. Help people make this a better world without a quid pro quo of religious belief.

• gymbob
    gymbob

i knew barber back in the 70s at bethel. he was a great story-teller. i remember one time he told us about witnessing to mahamud ali at his boxing training camp....he said he was pretty scared and didn't know what he'd gotten himself into, everybody wanted to throw barber out, but ali was very cool and actually protective to him and took some literature.

his life was a waste, and he should have known better years ago and done something, like ray.

sorry for the bad type, had surgery yesterday on my left arm. GYMBOB

• needproof
    needproof

Good riddance to bad rubbish

• mouthy
    mouthy

sorry for the bad type, had surgery yesterday on my left arm. GYMBOB

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sorry it got away again..... Hope your feeling better GYM

• dawg
    dawg

Come on Mouthy, I think your're awesome, but on this one... like you "knew" you were right when you were a JW... if you didn't have any doubts how did you get out... My statement is that you knew you had questions from the start, and you finally listened to that littel voice in your head. LIke almost every witness, they have doubts and most are too damn afraid to follow up. Barber knew about Beth Sarim, knew about all their comedic predictions... he kew better, you knew better, and my dad knows better... most of these guys love the power too much to question.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Come , you knew better, and my dad knows better... most of these guys love the power too much to questionon Mouthy, I think your're awesome, but on this one... like you "knew" you were right when you were a JW... if you didn't have any doubts how did you get out... My statement is that you knew you had questions from the start, and you finally listened to that littel voice in your head. LIke almost every witness, they have doubts and most are too damn afraid to follow up. Barber knew about Beth Sarim, knew about all their comedic predictions... he kew better.
    dawg!!!! Sorry your wrong this time. I DID KNOW I WAS RIGHT! I had no doubts at all. The only thing I doubted was 1914 that Jesus came invisably.... I was kicked out still believing it all.... I went 2 years out in the world thinking I had been kicked off the ARK, wanted to kill myself but my daughter had Cancer when she was first married. ( she left the WT to marry an unbeliever) was not D/F. Now after many years of marriage & a little boy she was pregnant again with twins....I felt it would be wicked for me to kill myself as she would need help when the babies came... So I didnt kill myself for the twins,( who will be 21 in June) ( she since died..... So It was when I went to Pennsylvana "Witnesses Now For Jesus" 1989....two years after I was ousted. I listened to all the " Apostates" that go there & heard their testimonies ----That I realized I had been in mind control.... & was "born again" ( I know that ticks lots off) But it is true.......!!!! I started a group & have had many many frightened ,lonely, abandoned J W's come into contact with the group....I have to keep reminding them all NOT TO LOOK TO ME AS IF I HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE!!!! because I find folks have a habit of putting a pedestal under a helper, & Boy do we fall hard when it is removed ....I KNOW what I believe my faith is now. I believe in a Creator.... I believe Roman 8:1 & it gives me peace to believe that. Not everyone agrees with me. But that is what is good about agreeing to disagree & still be friends.
    Did you wonder why I call myself Mouthy???? Maybe I should change it to "Fingers" ((((HUG)))

• dawg
    dawg

I love you mouthy... I stand corrected! I can't speak for what others feel and that's what I was doing. You're right and I'm wrong. It just seemed so obvious to me when I was in it that it was all one big ball of bullshit! But, many are good people like you that trust folks; your heart is pure but mine is full of hate right now. IT'S JUST SO DAMN OBVIOUS! How can anyone put their trust in men? Mouthy, I'll remove your justly planted foot from my behind when I stop being so damn judgemental that I think I know what other people think; when I stop thinking that all men/women are evil. You are the sage, I'm one bitter old screw that probably needs to take a step back once in a while. ((((((( I hug you back))))))

• mouthy
    mouthy

when I stop thinking that all men/women are evil.

No I wont put my foot on your bum..If I see ya! its hug time.... But I have to admit ~~~~ I still dont trust ANYONE!!!! Man or woman.... I believe it was because I was so trusting back then.... I am so sorry I dont trust. But I have gone to SO many Churches----since 1990...( Not now) & I still dont trust what anyone tells me. & You know>>>> that is a sign of NOT loving, because the Bible tells us loving is trusting.... Shame on me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit