GOVERNING BODY member Carey Barber dies.

by yesidid 126 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Someone who has destroyed thousands of lives is dead..Good!.....The wages of sin,is death.....Carey got his just reward..God paid him off in full..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

OUTLAW---but he's in heaven.

• mouthy
    mouthy

but he's in heaven. Minimus>>>trouble maker

Thanks Mary ...I hope your right about me

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..I`m sure Carey Barber is somewhere..I doubt it`s heaven..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

I doubt JWs even have any sorrow about Barber's death. I don't think even Bethelites have personal sorrow. Their machination of beliefs goes on.

• Confession
    Confession
    Leave your business and join doctors without borders, amnesty international, or any other non-demoninational help group - then you've earned my respect. Help people make this a better world without a quid pro quo of religious belief.

I'm with you, mjarka. That said, the early C.T. Russell was (in my opinion) very much like the person you might respect--albeit a bit quirky. Here are some early quotes...

"But says one: Must I not join some organization on earth, assent to some creed and have my name written on earth? No, remember that Jesus is your pattern and teacher, and neither in his words nor acts will you find any authority for binding yourselves with creeds and traditions of the elders, which all seem to make the word of God of none effect." (WT 1881 "The Ekklesia")

"We have no creed (fence) to bind us together or keep others out of our company, The Bible is our only standard, and its teaching our only creed" (WT 1882, Q&A)

"We are in fellowship with all Christians in whom we can recognize the spirit of Christ, and especially those who recognize the Bible as the only standard." (WT 1882, Q&A)

"We do not require therefore that all shall see just as we do in order to be called Christians; realizing that growth in both grace and knowledge is a gradual process." (WT 1882, Q&A)

Of course eventually it seems he began to 'think more of himself than was necessary,' and what he began became a sick, sad thing.

• Pachemu Nyet
    Pachemu Nyet

My 'fond memories' of Barber at the breakfast table (80-83) were getting an extra 15 minutes of sleep before chow time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit