Parents of Teens--I need encouragement

by love2Bworldly 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

}}}}}}}}}Love2B{{{{{{{{{{

Lots of hugs for you but none for your kids especially after that misunderstanding I had with the law over that young boy........

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I was looking over an old post I started 6 years ago & wanted to give you'all an update on my 3 WONDERFUL children!!!

I must have done something right with my parenting, or I am just damn lucky!

My oldest daughter is now 26, has her master's degree and will obtain her Ph.D after 3 more years of schooling.

My son is 23 & has been working for several years for a marketing company, (he moved out of my town to get away from his negative peer group first), he is making great money, is very professional, travels to other cities & states, and speaks to crowds of sometimes 100 people. I see him about once a week even though is works 6 days a week & doesn't live in my city.

And my youngest daughter is now 20. She no longer cuts herself or engages in dangerous behaviors. (She spent 18 months at the age of 16 in a forced placement in a school in another state for difficult teens) She graduated from high school-- big accomplishment for her. Now she is living with her friend, going to school part time & working part time. And she likes herself, which is the best thing of all.

And Mom is doing great-- I married a wonderful man who was my boyfriend of 4 years. So Life is great!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm so happy for you and glad things turned out great. Thanks for the update.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

awesome!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, that is wonderful news! Thanks for reporting in.

• Simon
    Simon

What an awesome thing to read - thank you so much for letting us know how things turned out, I'm sure anyone else in a similar situation will get a lot of encouragement from it.

We've been really lucky with our kids - both boys are teens (14 + 16) and absolutely no trouble at all and we keep being told by teachers and friends what great people they are. I really don't think it's anything we've done in particular ...

• Ding
  • Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Obviously you did a lot right!! Children can give us a run for our money but when you don't give up on them things usually work out. I am glad you have three wonderful children and a nice husband too!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, it's what you've done, Simon. You stayed out of the way!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Love2BWorldly...I am so happy for you and your family.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit