Hi everyone, it's great to be back

by fullofdoubtnow 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

It is so wonderful to have you back. I hope you slept well and safe.

Crumpet x

• Gill
    Gill

Good Morning, Linda!!!!! Oh! And Trevor too!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We had a lovely evening last night. When we got to our local pub, I was hugged so much it's a wonder I didn't get crushed. A couple who have been long-time friends of Trev have invited us to their home for tea, and before that we are just having a quick lunch then going for an afternoon drive in the country.

It was really great last night to just be able to do things we do fairly regularly - go to our local, pick up a Chinese takeaway on the way home, have a glass of Shiraz with it, and cuddle up together in bed. This morning we took the dog out together, then Trev did the shopping, and now we're off for a drive in the country, which we do now and again when the weather is nice. I know Trev is trying to make this weekend special for me, but he really doesn't need to. He's special anyway, as is every moment spent with him.

I am off in a few minutes to enjoy the afternoon, and I will post later. Thankyou so much for all your kind thoughts and wishes.

love

Linda

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. My grandson just finished his chemo and radiation. He was given a new bracelet that kept him from getting sick from the chemo and it worked. It was a test of the device and when he didn't use it he got sick. Maybe they can get you one. We will be thinking of you and send you our love.

Ken P.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good to see you back. Wish you the best.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Linda

Just know we all love and are cheering you on. Good thoughts to you and peace.

Jeff

• juni
    juni

Peaceful dreams hon.

Love, Juni

• Dansk
    Dansk

(((((((((((Linda)))))))))),

It's so wonderful to hear from you - and we're glad you enjoyed your Chinese and bottle of wine. The cuddling's the best part, though

The chemo can be hard, but there are some excellent drugs to help you overcome the side-effects. Don't make any plans in advance because the chemo will likely drain you so you'll need to rest, conserve your energy and revel in Trev's pampering

Remember, Linda, you WILL get through it - so don't worry. We are all different and react differently. Some people actually sail through the treatments! I pray you are one of them.

The love that emanates here will also carry you through and, of course, your beloved Trev will always be there for you. So, enjoy what's left of the weekend and, when Monday comes, just let the doctors and nurses do their stuff.

We all here look forward to your recovery and we know Trev will keep us fully updated. Remind Trev that he MUST rest himself. He doesn't have to post until he is feeling fresh.

Love and many (((((HUGS))))),

Ian& Claire
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Ian and Claire, and thankyou so much

Remember, Linda, you WILL get through it - so don't worry. We are all different and react differently. Some people actually sail through the treatments! I pray you are one of them.

Well, this time tomorrow I'll have had my first session. I hope I sail through it as well, but even if it is really hard, if it makes me well again any sufferring will be worthwhile.

Trev will keep us fully updated

He says he's going to start a "Linda update" thread tomorrow, and he will post on it every day.

and we're glad you enjoyed your Chinese and bottle of wine. The cuddling's the best part, though

You are so right. As much as I enjoyed the Chinese and the wine, the cuddling was my favourite part. I'm looking forward to some more of that later.

Thanyou again to everyone on this board. I really don't yey know how I'm going to be over the next few weeks and months, but knowing how much support I have from all of you wonderful people will help me get through it. I love you all so much.

Linda xxxx

• Gill
    Gill

Linda!

Good Luck for tomorrow! Hope it goes really well and you do not feel too bad with the chemotherapy! Remember we're all thinking of you and remembering you and Trevor!!

Much Love to you both

Gill XXXXXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit